Around the League - ...in 56 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
yeah i agree julien made a average team seem better then they were. . not that i care they deserve to toil in mediocrity for as long as possible

with the recent ways they have drafted im not too worried about them getting high picks cause they seem to go off the board

I am a fan of them missing the playoffs by 1 point every year. No good draft pick coupled with incompetent management thinking they are a piece away. End result: stuck in no man's land.

Reactions: Lumberg

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Built on the wings?

What's so good about their wings?

You misread my point.

Bergevin invested in wingers who he thought could provide quality play to support his young centre group. Figures that strength on the wings can help make them a contender given their centre group is not proven.

Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli, Drouin, Tatar are all solid wingers .. Nothing too elite but just depth of good wingers. Don't get me wrong, they're not players you can built an elite team around but individuals they're all solid players (Tatar was pretty good for them the last two seasons, this year he's been bad). Most teams don't have that kind of wing depth, but a lot have better elite wingers.

They're low ceiling, high floor players. Not gamebreaking elite talent, but would be good complimentary pieces on a contender to elite talent.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You misread my point.

Bergevin invested in wingers who he thought could provide quality play to support his young centre group. Figures that strength on the wings can help make them a contender given their centre group is not proven.

Gallagher, Anderson, Toffoli, Drouin, Tatar are all solid wingers .. Nothing too elite but just depth of good wingers. Don't get me wrong, they're not players you can built an elite team around but individuals they're all solid players (Tatar was pretty good for them the last two seasons, this year he's been bad). Most teams don't have that kind of wing depth, but a lot have better elite wingers.

They're low ceiling, high floor players. Not gamebreaking elite talent, but would be good complimentary pieces on a contender to elite talent.

I wouldn't even call Drouin a solid winger tbh. I wouldn't want him on my team.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I wouldn't even call Drouin a solid winger tbh. I wouldn't want him on my team.

I don't think I would trade our 2nd best winger (Nylander) for any of Montreal's wingers. Not a great look for a "team built on the wings".

Suzuki is a big wild card for me. He's shown flashes of being capable of turning into PLD. If he comes anywhere short of that, could be a mediocre next 3-5 years barring an explosive rise of some other player in the org.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't think I would trade our 2nd best winger (Nylander) for any of Montreal's wingers. Not a great look for a "team built on the wings".

Suzuki is a big wild card for me. He's shown flashes of being capable of turning into PLD. If he comes anywhere short of that, could be a mediocre next 3-5 years barring an explosive rise of some other player in the org.

well i wouldn't trade Nylander for anyone in the habs organization, player or prospect.

suzuki? he's got skills but he's slow and small and not THAT skilled.

Reactions: Menzinger

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
well i wouldn't trade Nylander for anyone in the habs organization, player or prospect.

suzuki? he's got skills but he's slow and small and not THAT skilled.

I think I would probably look at Romanov closely, although watching him the last few games has been...not good.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I think I would probably look at Romanov closely, although watching him the last few games has been...not good.

nice young dman but he's not the steal they were hoping for. not much in the way of star potential there. but he could turn into a very nice all around top 4 dman.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's funny how sportsnet is obsessed with Boston. Are they really still getting good ratings in Canada in year where they are not in the same division as Toronto? There are so many games to show tonight and they choose Boston again. Annoying. They are even showing Boston over Crosby vs. Ovi tonight. Which shows you how much they are obsessed.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
It's funny how sportsnet is obsessed with Boston. Are they really still getting good ratings in Canada in year where they are not in the same division as Toronto? There are so many games to show tonight and they choose Boston again. Annoying. They are even showing Boston over Crosby vs. Ovi tonight. Which shows you how much they are obsessed.
Hmm, what's not to like? Here's how you get the ratings

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Suzuki gets way too much hype for an offensively mediocre player.

The Habs are going to need amazing coaching, otherwise, prepare the tank for a hilarious collapse.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough

I thought these games have got some decent ratings in Atlantic Canada?

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Ottawa owes us a thank you for softening up Rittich for them. Yeesh.

I was about to say the same thing.

Also, did you see that first goal.

Rittich gives up a huge rebound which he didn't do for us, and right before he pulls off his acrobatic wizardry to make the block, Giordan0 jumps on him. If they played like that against us we would have scored 5 goals per game easily.

Reactions: uncleben

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I was about to say the same thing.

Also, did you see that first goal.

Rittich gives up a huge rebound which he didn't do for us, and right before he pulls off his acrobatic wizardry to make the block, Giordan0 jumps on him. If they played like that against us we would have scored 5 goals per game easily.

Did you see the last one...good god how do we get these god mode goalies then they go straight to junk

Reactions: willmma

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
A bit surprised to see Calgary struggle as they have .. I thought they'd be a bit better this season.

They have some good forwards, mind you no one who is really elite, and they have some quality defenders. Now with Markstrom they have a good tender. Their depth is lacklustre though, but even with that I would expect they should be better than they are.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Does it ever pay off to play a goalie on back to back nights?

...not even taking into consideration that Dave faced like 45 shots last night?

Reactions: zeke

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Went over to the sens board just for fun...over there saying they’re doing things good teams do...yeah like not get god mode Rittich and take advantage of an extremely tired mediocre flames team lol

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad