Around the League '23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The only team I'd feel comfortable playing is Nashville.

The eight playoff teams in the West seem fairly set already. Obviously no guarantees, but a 6+ point gap with 16ish games remaining is gonna be very difficult to overcome.

So at this point, it's seeding. As of now the lower seeded division winner gets Nashville. Winning the central remains our best chance at getting a favorable matchup.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I believe we statistically have the easiest schedule out of the 3 teams. It’s going to be close. Doesn’t help that we have ANOTHER 2nd night of a b2b game in Colorado. I swear we only play them in Colorado on 2nd b2b nights.

Shockingly they play the least back to backs or second least.

I honestly don't care who we play first

Codez

Feb 1, 2023
A Healthy and Fressh Dallas Stars can Win in a 7 game series against any other team....
We don't "Need" to finish 1st, we Need to finish this season Healthy!!!

If we can stay healthy during Playoffs, we have a Good chance to go deep.

VICTORY GREEN !!!

GO STARS !!!

Reactions: Magic Mittens
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I would be happy to play Colorado because they aren't actually that good, they just have an inflated home record thanks to being able to play unacclimated teams only stopping in Denver for a day. The Avs road record is 16-14-5, that's who they really are, and that's the team you'll face when both teams are on the same travel schedule in a playoff matchup.

Reactions: LT and piqued

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
A Healthy and Fressh Dallas Stars can Win in a 7 game series against any other team....
We don't "Need" to finish 1st, we Need to finish this season Healthy!!!

If we can stay healthy during Playoffs, we have a Good chance to go deep.

VICTORY GREEN !!!

GO STARS !!!
I see you have yet to be indoctrinated here. Going to need you to tone down on the positivity

• Wow
Reactions: JeffP

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
i would love a visualization of divisional matchups throughout the season and whether OT/SO outcomes happen more towards the end of the season. Or if there is a correlation between playing divisional > conference > OOC games and the likelihood of them going past 60 minutes.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Idk why but sometimes it's easy to forget the players we are watching are the best in the world at what they do...what a ridiculous yet subtle play. Not to mention it's in the dying seconds of OT.

Watching a lot of junior the past few years and now AHL hockey (which is still a high level of talent/play obviously) and it really starts to stand out just how different the NHL's level of play/talent is. Of course not just based on this clip cause MacKinnon is not your average NHL player, but still.

Makes it even more impressive when you think about young guys like Johnston jumping into the NHL straight out of junior hockey. Insane

Reactions: piqued

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Avs fans right now

Screenshot_20240317-162344_Chrome.jpg

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Even more crazy when you notice the move starts with a stick feint back to the point and presumably a trailing Makar, who isn't actually there at the point but the defender doesn't know that

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jets win
Avs win

Avs haven't lost since the trade deadline. So envious of their A+ deadline. Winnipegs was good too.

Yeah Avs got a lot better. Walker fits like a glove (as we all knew he would) and Mittelstadt has been producing as well (no surprise there either). Great deadline from them

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Jets win
Avs win

Avs haven't lost since the trade deadline. So envious of their A+ deadline. Winnipegs was good too.
And Winnipeg is missing Vilardi as well. They are very deep at F. I think they can still be exposed at 5 on 5 though, and their blueline could be susceptible to speed/skill. However, Helle is the great equalizer.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
And Winnipeg is missing Vilardi as well. They are very deep at F. I think they can still be exposed at 5 on 5 though, and their blueline could be susceptible to speed/skill. However, Helle is the great equalizer.

Rick Bowness will have them turtle with a 1 goal lead in the playoffs tho. Colorado and Dallas will eat that alive.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jets getting destroyed by the Islanders right now. 6-1 through nearly 2 periods. Just 12 shots on goal for the Jets

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Isles had lost 6 games in a row before this one. The f*** is going on , not that i'm complaining about Isles helping us

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bones illness related absence may be part of the reason Jets are this shit now. Since he had to leave for his procedure Jets put up a couple of massive stinkers.

Reactions: LT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad