Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So glad the Ducks And Rangers are not playing Tampa this year. They are going to eat their division alive, and without Kucherov.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Man everyone looks so slow every game today. Preseason really does make a difference.

Reactions: Kalv and Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don’t see what everybody is raving about with Montreal’s off-season. They added a couple of good pieces but one of which they overpaid substantially and they still lack good dmen and top end talent. Them collapsing against the Leafs is more of the same from prior years with them.

And that Canadian division is going to be really high scoring. None of them teams have any idea how to defend and there is a major lack of blueline talent in the division.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Having watched a couple of games and some highlights I can say it’s the slowest, worst hockey I’ve seen in a long time. There’s so much rust.

McDavid looks like he took the off-season off. I didn’t think it was possible but he was even worse defensively against the Canucks than he was in the playoffs last season.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I like Avs colors better now. I don't even know what they changed, helmets for sure.

Games looks slower than usual though. Rust is real.

OPEN THE GDT!!!!!!!
CompetentQuestionableHagfish-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's also a 2016 draft pick like Steel and Jones. But unlike us the Blues let him play and build up in the AHL even last year :facepalm:
He's a 2nd round pick btw.
They also have adequate veteran talent for him to play with, like Bozak, Schwartz, Schenn, etc. meanwhile Steel is playing on a kid line lol

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Watching the Sabres game and there is so much rust. Eichel is struggling just to make basic tape to tape passes.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watching the Sabres game and there is so much rust. Eichel is struggling just to make basic tape to tape passes.

You should watch the Rangers game. They look awful. No passes connecting. But this is what I expected. Some teams will manage and some will struggle.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
McDavid plays just like Zegras did in WJC...but against the best players in the world. God damn McDavid is fun to watch.

Reactions: Doothpick

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
You should watch the Rangers game. They look awful. No passes connecting. But this is what I expected. Some teams will manage and some will struggle.

It was particularly evident with Buffalo that they had been off since March. Some of their passes were literally 6 foot off target. The Caps were rusty but man the Sabres were next level.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
They also have adequate veteran talent for him to play with, like Bozak, Schwartz, Schenn, etc. meanwhile Steel is playing on a kid line lol

But Steel is playing with Terry, who was the saviour of the Ducks when he signed. Well at least at this board.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
He's also a 2016 draft pick like Steel and Jones. But unlike us the Blues let him play and build up in the AHL even last year :facepalm:
He's a 2nd round pick btw.

Never fully understood why he went in the 2nd round.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
A lot of that was based in large part on Terry looking good in the Olympics in 2018 at 20 playing against 25-35 year old men. His impact in the NHL has been far less impressive.

Expections are always way off here. Z and Drysdale are the next on the list. Never played a pro game so far and Z did not trash the college league. They have all the talent but the way is tough. Terry is a good example.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Expections are always way off here. Z and Drysdale are the next on the list. Never played a pro game so far and Z did not trash the college league. They have all the talent but the way is tough. Terry is a good example.
I think Ducks fans are fairly realistic towards Z and D.
Main boards thread is another story though, but there are completely random fans pumping them up :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think expections are too high. The NHL is not a league where talent alone will do it. Physically demanding and tough to handle. Both are not there yet imho. Z looks like a kid, much like Terry.
Depends what exactly are those expectations, in the main board thread other teams fans are definitely hyping him up more than Ducks fan. I was just comparing that.
I agree about that talent alone will not do it. I think a guy like Turcotte is closer to make a debut. Z is still in a kid's body.

At the same time, while Terry looked really good in the juniors, he had nowhere near performance and skill of Z. And Terry still looks pretty good out there, but have not everything figured out just yet.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm really enjoying watching the Canadiens play. 3 very solid lines and the combination of Suzuki and Josh Anderson is working really well already. Romanov also looks like a good one, too.

Reactions: Kalv and Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm really enjoying watching the Canadiens play. 3 very solid lines and the combination of Suzuki and Josh Anderson is working really well already. Romanov also looks like a good one, too.

Carey Price is in the zone too. Has been a fun game to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad