Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Caps sign Chara on a 1-year deal. Yes, you read that correctly.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Lundqvist and Chara both to Washington. Kinda weird seeing them there, although with Lundqvist's unfortunate health situation it is possible that he won't play for them after all.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Chara to Washington is the biggest wtf moment of the off-season to me. Never thought I would see him pull on a non Bruins sweater again. He’s the identity of that franchise. It would be like if Teemu decided to play another year in 14-15 and signed for the Stars.

Reactions: Doothpick

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man, with Kes on the LTIR we would have a spot for Dubois :laugh: Sounds like it's only a matter of time when he will be out of Columbus.

But I don't see us being a good trade partner, in terms of what we could be ready to give up.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Man, with Kes on the LTIR we would have a spot for Dubois :laugh: Sounds like it's only a matter of time when he will be out of Columbus.

But I don't see us being a good trade partner, in terms of what we could be ready to give up.

Yeah, if Ducks want Dubois they'll need to start with Zegras and add.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Evander Kane possibly could sit out the season. Not so strong Sharks in that case would get weaker.
That actually helps their long term future the most, i got a hunch they'll be picking top 8 regardless but now they may be picking in the top 3 and adding Johnson, Powers or Clarke to their prospect pool helps jump start their future. With one of the Dmen they then would have a very strong top4 D with Karlsson, Burns, Powers/Clarke and Vlasic.
With Johnson they'd be very deep down the middle with Hertl, Couture, Johnson. Considering Couture is on the wrong side of 30, drafting Johnson helps them alot and historicly Sharks are good at developing Centers.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
That actually helps their long term future the most, i got a hunch they'll be picking top 8 regardless but now they may be picking in the top 3 and adding Johnson, Powers or Clarke to their prospect pool helps jump start their future. With one of the Dmen they then would have a very strong top4 D with Karlsson, Burns, Powers/Clarke and Vlasic.
With Johnson they'd be very deep down the middle with Hertl, Couture, Johnson. Considering Couture is on the wrong side of 30, drafting Johnson helps them alot and historicly Sharks are good at developing Centers.

Yeah, getting rid of Kane's contract could be great for them. Free up some room. They could help a team with cap troubles by taking in some money for picks and/or prospects. If they want to blow things up, they could start trading players like Hertl, Meier etc. for future pieces. Unfortunately for them those deals to Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic are ridiculous and no one is going to take them. At least the former two are not completely useless.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Dubois on the second line. Feels like Torts might be demoting him because of the situation

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Is that Mihkhail Grigorenko? That dude still plays? I thought he busted a long time ago

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is that Mihkhail Grigorenko? That dude still plays? I thought he busted a long time ago

Yeah Columbus took a flier on him. He was just under a PPG at the KHL the past two years so there’s a chance that he still pans out.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The Flyers forward group is pretty solid... and deep....

Reactions: duxfan1101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad