Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
PLD father coaches the AHL team for Winnipeg, I think he will stay. He talks to his dad everyday according to CLB boards.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
If torts had a problem with PLD's compete level, wait til he hears about Laine.

IMO Torts is on his last legs in Columbus anyway, his contract is up next offseason. Based on the "feedback" he's gotten from former CBJ stars, I don't think he's getting extended.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I take PLD over Laine any day. Now he’s not in a system that will hold him back offensively I’m curious to see what his numbers are like.

We'll see then, I'm not sold on this trade because PLD IMO hasn't the same ceiling that Laine. As for work-ethic goes, we all know about Laine but PLD showed his true colors the other day too. Wonder how Laine will work out with someone like Torts :popcorn:

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I take PLD over Laine any day. Now he’s not in a system that will hold him back offensively I’m curious to see what his numbers are like.

More over PLD will be the #2 center there. Scheifle and him are a pretty strong center pair. Will be interesting who his linemates will be.

Quite interesting, it's the 2016 #2nd overall 26% retained and a firstrounder for the 2016 #3rd overall.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I think that's right but Laine also has a pretty huge diva attitude and definitely doesn't play what Torts would deem "the right way". I think it gets messy.

Why not? Laine will be their star forward not just one of them. Winnipeg is the team of Blake Wheeler, Kyle Connor or Mark Scheifle.

Columbus will be his.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The jets roster looks very solid.

Some shortcomings in D, but perhaps they can do some trades to improve that. They would have to get rid of some cap though.

Reactions: Doothpick

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think Manson would be a good add for them. We would need to take salary back like Perreault or something, but the Jets have all their picks. So perhaps another 1st could be received, which would be nice indeed. But I am not sure we will part with Manson

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The bad part about trading with a Canadian team is if we're giving up NHL players + , then we're going to be without some talent for about 2 weeks. In this shortened season, every game is important to team like us.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
With due respect to Getz
We don’t have any current players on a level with either Laine or PLD
So, I’d be happy to see either one of them if they play close to their potential

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
SJ and LA won tonight along with us. That makes four teams with 6 points, tied for fourth in the Wild, Wild West.

The next two games for us are with the Arizona Coyote. We need to come away with 4 points in these next two game because the next series is against the St. Louis Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad