Around the League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If the Blues and Wild swap will be a little more optimistic. Gonna play these teams like 8 times. So yeah anything is possible I guess but i am being cautiously optimistic.

Yeah we are going to get sick of seeing the same teams over and over again. I do like that we get to play LA and Arizona 8 times each though.

I think a lot of how well we do also depends on Getzlaf. Does he come in fresh and well rested with enough steam to put up a 45+ point year as the 1C or does all the time off really hurt and does he drop to a third line (or worse) level?

Reactions: Leonardo87

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Yeah we are going to get sick of seeing the same teams over and over again. I do like that we get to play LA and Arizona 8 times each though.

I think a lot of how well we do also depends on Getzlaf. Does he come in fresh and well rested with enough steam to put up a 45+ point year as the 1C or does all the time off really hurt and does he drop to a third line (or worse) level?

The reduction of travel may benefit players like Getzlaf.

Oct 18, 2011
Looking at our division.....we may just have a chance at the last playoff spot, Col/STL/VGK seem like good bets the rest of the teams kinda seem like they're in the same boat plus in a short season all it takes is a couple good stretches to make it

Oct 18, 2011

by the time the season starts that will be 10 months of no hockey, whos' going to be in shape, and who has added pandemic pounds?

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
More general. The young guys who are fighting for spots better be in some sort of shape otherwise that's a giant red flag to me, but I am curious to see how Getz looks after 10 months at home with 5 kids

Hopefully he has been running after them all this time. Could be in the shape of his life.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Getz was working out with Zegras.
In general I have nothing in my mind to suggest Getzy could come back in a bad shape

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
More general. The young guys who are fighting for spots better be in some sort of shape otherwise that's a giant red flag to me, but I am curious to see how Getz looks after 10 months at home with 5 kids

Maybe being stuck in the house with 5 kids all day is the perfect recipe for him being motivated to get some time to himself to exercise.

Reactions: JabbaJabba and Kalv

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
The good news is, our team is so bad we don't even need to intentionally tank to get a great draft pick.
I'm just really glad the world conspires against Bob and prevents him from "competing for the playoffs" when another year of picking high in the draft is most likely better for our long term future.

Not that I'd be disappointed if we do end up making it, of course, that'd be a sight for sore eyes.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm just really glad the world conspires against Bob and prevents him from "competing for the playoffs" when another year of picking high in the draft is most likely better for our long term future.

Not that I'd be disappointed if we do end up making it, of course, that'd be a sight for sore eyes.
This teams absolute maximum is doing what Arizona did last season. Sneaking into the last playoff spot and then getting absolutely blasted by a team like Colorado or Vegas.

No thank you. Let’s either make a big trade for a star that helps now and down the road or let’s pack it in one more year and bank another key asset from the draft

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I’m obviously not saying the injury is fake or anything, but if he conveniently misses the entire regular season and is good to go for game 1 of the playoffs, then that’s incredibly suspicious.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I’m obviously not saying the injury is fake or anything, but if he conveniently misses the entire regular season and is good to go for game 1 of the playoffs, then that’s incredibly suspicious.

I don't think Kuch missing entire regular season is a better option than just trading someone.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I don't think Kuch missing entire regular season is a better option than just trading someone.
So do you not think it would be oddly convenient for him to return right when the playoffs start? Of course, this hasn’t happened yet, but their GM was very clear in saying that he would miss the “regular season.”

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
So do you not think it would be oddly convenient for him to return right when the playoffs start? Of course, this hasn’t happened yet, but their GM was very clear in saying that he would miss the “regular season.”
He probably could return sooner but they don't want to risk it.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He probably could return sooner but they don't want to risk it.
That’s along the lines of what I’m thinking. But it’s more of a thought that if he is guaranteed out until let’s say April, why not just keep him out for the rest of the regular season to take advantage of the cap space. Like what the Hawks did with Kane. It’s not like they need him to make the playoffs.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It’s suspicious in terms of he’s probably going to be magically ready as soon as the playoffs begin but if I was Tampa I sure as hell would rather attach a first to Johnson and trade Killorn for peanuts than have Kucherov miss the season.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
It’s suspicious in terms of he’s probably going to be magically ready as soon as the playoffs begin but if I was Tampa I sure as hell would rather attach a first to Johnson and trade Killorn for peanuts than have Kucherov miss the season.
They might do that anyway and go after Hoffman for a year.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
eh i disagree. they'll be fine even without Kucherov. All they need to do is make the playoffs which should still be fairly easy for them. honestly this is probably the best thing for them, they get to keep their main roster together and they don't have to give up a 1s to move a top 6 player.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa has gotten lucky, first with Callahan on LTIR and willing to waive his NMC before last year they were able to re-sign Point with the relieved cap, and now with Kucherov on the LTIR, they can re-sign all their RFAs. Sadly the players have not been as lucky. Hip injuries can take a lot time to fully recover from and sometimes a player is never the same, look at Kesler. Sorry, I really don’t feel bad for them. Lol. I feel for the player though.

Reactions: dracom

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

Like Teemu from the first Jets team...

200.webp

Seriously though, I shudder to think what the price would be. Don't think it'll happen.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino