Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bellemare thought they were going to playing on a lake :laugh:

ae15778545.jpg

Love how Vegas is trolling him with the sign!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Seeing this beautiful arena at Lake Tahoe makes me badly want an Oilers v Flames in the Rockies somewhere.

How about in Banff?

Apparently they can’t do it at a National Park in Canada because of advertising and other rules which the Feds said they wouldn’t bend.

Canmore or Kananaskis would be great.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Sabres snap 4 game losing streak somehow and Subban snaps 20 game goalless streak. Its going to be one of those days today.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I mentioned it before, but this kind of makes me wondered how the Jets are able to use their original logo on their reverse retro when those trademarked logos would have sold in the move to Arizona. They must have had to apply or pay a fee to buy them back or be able to use them. They should have went with a Thrashers look as that is their history.

I'd have to look but the Wikipedia page for the first Jets doesn't say how but it mentions that the team bought the rights.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Hopefully the ice crew can do a good enough job patching up the ice. Full sun with the current temperature and NHL skaters on the ice is taking its toll. A little cloud cover would help but the announcers are saying the clouds are all around the surrounding mountains but not drifting over top of the lake as of yet.

Reactions: bellagiobob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What do Quebec Nordiques fans think of this? Gotta be a slap in the face a bit, no? Like if the Oilers had actually moved to Houston and they wore Oilers jerseys as a throwback I’d be so sad/pissed off.

On another note, those jerseys are beautiful as hell. Love them.

Yeah that’s a bit of a poke in the eye isn’t it.

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Looks like they moved the 2nd outdoor Philly Boston game to the evening tomorrow.

I get that they wanted the beautiful view for TV purposes, but the ice conditions can't be a shock to them, and an evening game makes much more sense from an ice standpoint. But I guess that sort of defeats the purpose of the location if you're playing there in the dark.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I mentioned it before, but this kind of makes me wondered how the Jets are able to use their original logo on their reverse retro when those trademarked logos would have sold in the move to Arizona. They must have had to apply or pay a fee to buy them back or be able to use them. They should have went with a Thrashers look as that is their history.

Found it. The team's owned the logo since 2011.

Oct 2011: True North buys old Jets logo

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Went out to accomplish some garage work in intermission and seems its a pretty long intermission. Was expecting I'd have missed half the second.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Eddie Olcyk just proclaims Nate McKinnon the best player of the world. Host offers up Mathews and McDavid with a little blurp said acknowledging Mathews. Silence on McDavid. Incredulously some in the league and its media are still sleeping on McDavid. For the record, my list is McDavid, McKinnon and then Draisaitl/Captain America.I love McKinnon's game and he carried an Aves team with substantial injury problems last year... but he's not Connor McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad