GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Tomorrow's games:

Pittsburgh @ NY Islanders (SN360, Sportsnet Pacific)
Tampa Bay @ Florida
Columbus @ Chicago
Detroit @ Nashville
Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Carolina @ Dallas
Calgary @ Vancouver (SN360, Sportsnet West)
Anaheim @ Vegas
San Jose @ Los Angeles

Reactions: oilers'72

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
How many teams in the league would become instant Cup favourites when you add McDrai to them? Tampa obviously. I'm getting a little annoyed of this tired narrative that the Oilers should have won Cups (plural) already.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
How many teams in the league would become instant Cup favourites when you add McDrai to them? Tampa obviously. I'm getting a little annoyed of this tired narrative that the Oilers should have won Cups (plural) already.

That's why I don't bother with the trades and proposal threads. They're like gambling the team's future away for magic beans.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Morning Coffee: Will Toronto Maple Leafs run away with North Division title? - TSN.ca

You'd think after so many years of the same thing they'd maybe try some humility and undersell rather than over-hype the Leafs....Nope. Year after year it's right back to the well. Just keep building them up. The fallout from the first round exit will be that much more entertaining.

iu

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
If this is what the mains are going to be like when the Leafs are good, count me out. I could literally feel nausea in my stomach reading how fricking amazingly great they think they are. They need another zamboni-driver level dose of humility, because this scary impending dynasty is going to lose in the first round of the playoffs yet again.

ah that felt good.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
If this is what the mains are going to be like when the Leafs are good, count me out. I could literally feel nausea in my stomach reading how fricking amazingly great they think they are. They need another zamboni-driver level dose of humility, because this scary impending dynasty is going to lose in the first round of the playoffs yet again.

ah that felt good.
Leaf fans lurking in this thread:

tenor.gif

lol

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Morning Coffee: Will Toronto Maple Leafs run away with North Division title? - TSN.ca

You'd think after so many years of the same thing they'd maybe try some humility and undersell rather than over-hype the Leafs....Nope. Year after year it's right back to the well. Just keep building them up. The fallout from the first round exit will be that much more entertaining.

iu

No doubt man. You'd think they would remember that they're still the Toronto Maple Leafs but whatever. The first round fallout will be glorious. On that day the other 31 fan bases here will be like

ywOpPB7.gif

(yes, even Seattle)

And the best part is like you said; they do it to themselves. If Toronto learned a little humility, a little "whoa there" when it came to the Leafs, we wouldn't enjoy their impending fall so much.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Does Vegas even want to do that right now? Fleury is playing lights out better than Lehner.

And knowing their luck Fleury would revert to the struggling Fleury.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad