GDT: Around the League 2020-21 v24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Flames with over $20M in cap space now and no major players to re-sign. Would not be surprised to see Hyman visiting Calgary tomorrow along with a Danault signing July 28. Tkachuk as Captain......Cassie still on HNIC. FML.

Boston Pizza Jr might throw more cash at him to get him to sign, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing as he's not what they need. Them signing Danault wouldn't be bad either since he's not a 1C

North

Jun 25, 2009
Flames with over $20M in cap space now and no major players to re-sign. Would not be surprised to see Hyman visiting Calgary tomorrow along with a Danault signing July 28. Tkachuk as Captain......Cassie still on HNIC. FML.

Their top 4 d are Tanev, Andersson (Huh, what do you mean defense?), Hanifin, and Valimaki (Best d in Finland, not so much in North America).

They’re probably going to be talking to the same d men as us.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
If Weber's career is over shouldn't Nashville trade for him so they can buy him out? That recapture penalty.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Why is this Ned trade blowing up so much? He's played 29 games behind a pretty stingy Carolina defense, no?

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Why is this Ned trade blowing up so much? He's played 29 games behind a pretty stingy Carolina defense, no?
I honestly didn't think he was that good when I did manage to see him, to be honest. And as you said, that defence kept him pretty sheltered.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I honestly didn't think he was that good when I did manage to see him, to be honest. And as you said, that defence kept him pretty sheltered.

He's going to get lit up in Detroit next year.

I think he might struggle in Detroit as well. Wouldn't have minded taking a flyer on him but I think a 3rd rounder and rights to a proven goalie is pretty fair for him. Maybe if it was a 2nd or something I could see some more fuss.

Reactions: yukoner88

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I think he might struggle in Detroit as well. Wouldn't have minded taking a flyer on him but I think a 3rd rounder and rights to a proven goalie is pretty fair for him. Maybe if it was a 2nd or something I could see some more fuss.

Detroit was right behind us in GA/60 and xGA/60 5v5 this season. Just no scoring talent. Their goalies didn't do too badly, even though the team kept losing. If Yzerman is able to upgrade the forward group a bit this season, they may not be too bad.

I don't think I personally would bet too hard against Yzerman's moves. If he's focused in on a guy, good chance there's a good reason, based on analysis far beyond what our turd org does.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
All this talk about the Oilers not taking Alex Nedeljkovic and how good he his, but just as a fair warning, we have seen goalies who have been nominated/win Calder trophys then proceed to crap the bed before (aka. Raycroft). Not saying he WILL do it, but the risk of him being that CAN happen easily. His sample size is too small to really judge him being great. Let's see how he does with Detroit, then let's make the call on whether we missed him or not.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yzerman on another level right now...

Wadell, like other GMs, got star-struck talking to Yzerman. They hear the words he's speaking but aren't listening to them as their mind is telling them 'Oh my God, you're talking to Steve Yzerman. Just answer 'Yes, that sounds good' to every question he asks so he thinks you're cool."

It's all I can think of.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
All this talk about the Oilers not taking Alex Nedeljkovic and how good he his, but just as a fair warning, we have seen goalies who have been nominated/win Calder trophys then proceed to crap the bed before (aka. Raycroft). Not saying he WILL do it, but the risk of him being that CAN happen easily. His sample size is too small to really judge him being great. Let's see how he does with Detroit, then let's make the call on whether we missed him or not.
Other goalies have done extremely well after a small sample size of 20 something games, and been justifiably rewarded with long, expensive contracts. Miko Koskinen says hi and thanks!;):laugh:

Reactions: oilers'72

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Wadell, like other GMs, got star-struck talking to Yzerman. They hear the words he's speaking but aren't listening to them as their mind is telling them 'Oh my God, you're talking to Steve Yzerman. Just answer 'Yes, that sounds good' to every question he asks so he thinks you're cool."

It's all I can think of.

:laugh:

Maybe he includes a framed autograph jersey with every trade.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Other goalies have done extremely well after a small sample size of 20 something games, and been justifiably rewarded with long, expensive contracts. Miko Koskinen says hi and thanks!;):laugh:

Doesn’t that prove his point though?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Insanity. In the last 24 hours Philly gives up a 1st and 2 2nd's to swap Ghost for Green Jacket winner (and contender almost every season) Risto who is 1 year from UFA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia