Not open for further replies.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Mete is also 5’9 and struggles at Defence. Skates like the wind. He will get claimed. Just not a good fit on our team

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i still feel like there's some song and dance behind hiding clague here relevant to the expansion draft, but i'm too dumb to figure it out

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I like this deal for the Devils. They have a ‘slot’ or two on defense when it comes to deciding who to protect in the expansion draft.

Jonas Siegenthaler did not get much of an opportunity with the Caps this year due to their depth but when in the lineup he showed fairly well. May be able to flourish in NJ.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Reactions: LAKings88

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I thought he's protected because of his rookie status.
not to my knowledge but i may very well be wrong here, capfriendly has a tool i've been looking at but i'm still a bit unclear about the exposure requirements

Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

seems to me if they want to protect clague and roy, that means walker would have to be exposed, unless they do the 8/4 thing in which case 2 more depth forwards would have to be exposed? i guess that is, unless they give clague too few games to require him to be exposed? that's the part i'm unclear about. i don't know if clague becomes exempt if he doesn't play 11 more games or if that just means he fulfills that "requirement" of exposure

going 8/4 seems to open up a door of potentially losing a decent forward unless we can deal iafallo first? again i'm too f***in stupid for this

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Expansion worries on HF are kind of like trade proposals on HF. People forget there are 30 soon to be 31 other teams. The Kings are likely going to lose either Clague/Strand or Moore/Anderssen, two youngish but not kid defenseman who have shown some flashes this season but are far from locks to be roster players whenever the Kings are ready to contend next, a bottom six player who has been excellent but is in his stone prime and has some very talented younger players to fight off for ice time in the next couple of years or a AAAA former Top 10 pick who has not come close to living up to it but still may be enticing for a team to take a shot on.

If I were Seattle I'd take Moore or Clague, and we shouldn't complain, other teams are going to lose way better players. As good as Moore has been this year, he is an easily replaceable asset.

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Been preaching it for sometime re: expansion draft. Don’t sweat it, submit your protection list and let Seattle have at it over the leftovers. Take a player and be done with it. By no means, offer additional compensation just to be able to make any hand shake agreement(s) to steer clear of certain player(s).

Reactions: lumbergh

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

I must admit I didn't follow it closely but it blows my mind that Vegas was able to get a guy in Marchessault who was coming off a 30/50 season in his age 25/26 season for a team that finished 23rd in the league AND was able to get Reilly Smith in a different deal from the same team.

Marchessault has to be one of the best expansion draft picks of all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad