Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA

You have to wonder if Washington and/or the Avs would be among those interested in Iafallo? Along with Boston and Florida (speculated by TFP). Hall is probably going to one of those places or potentially STL, and the losers may circle back to Iafallo in the end.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I must admit I didn't follow it closely but it blows my mind that Vegas was able to get a guy in Marchessault who was coming off a 30/50 season in his age 25/26 season for a team that finished 23rd in the league AND was able to get Reilly Smith in a different deal from the same team.

Marchessault has to be one of the best expansion draft picks of all-time.

so many gm's were caught off guard and weren't expecting vegas to do what they did. They had so many side deals, it was almost criminal.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Expansion worries on HF are kind of like trade proposals on HF. People forget there are 30 soon to be 31 other teams. The Kings are likely going to lose either Clague/Strand or Moore/Anderssen, two youngish but not kid defenseman who have shown some flashes this season but are far from locks to be roster players whenever the Kings are ready to contend next, a bottom six player who has been excellent but is in his stone prime and has some very talented younger players to fight off for ice time in the next couple of years or a AAAA former Top 10 pick who has not come close to living up to it but still may be enticing for a team to take a shot on.

If I were Seattle I'd take Moore or Clague, and we shouldn't complain, other teams are going to lose way better players. As good as Moore has been this year, he is an easily replaceable asset.

I see Madden as an upgrade over a Moore.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
That's a good landing spot for Hall, doesn't have to be the focal point. He's skilled but the decision making can be maddening.

I think he wants to prove his mettle also and will show that. Not sure what line he'll be on, but either way, he's a talented winger and will help their scoring depth. I think he will be fired up to play on a contender and will do well.

My issue with the Bruins is their long injury list. Even adding Hall, won't help the 4 top defensemen that are out (Moore for the year) and both goalies. Right now, they are barely ahead of the soaring Rangers. Now, I think McAvoy (who has been out with an illness) should be back soon and Raask as well. So that will help.
Getting Mike Reilly from the Sens will help too.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Hall's best bet, in terms of NHL success, is to take less to be on a better team. He's not the guy. He had 1 career season as that guy. Everything else has just been a mess.

Financially, of course, he should take the 5 year deal for $40m or whatever he'll get. That team likely won't win anything though.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I have to say, there have been many more trades than I expected with how everyone was talking about this deadline. I generally have low expectations for any deadline, but I guess I bought into the line that no one would do anything in this cash-strapped year.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I have to say, there have been many more trades than I expected with how everyone was talking about this deadline. I generally have low expectations for any deadline, but I guess I bought into the line that no one would do anything in this cash-strapped year.

Just the normal rentals. Nothing never happens, and there's still that competitive spirit.

Reactions: BringTheReign

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
San Jose brokering another deal. Like what they are doing there, hate that it is them doing it.

Looks as if their ownership doesn't mind taking on a bit of salary so they are open for business regarding these types of deals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad