Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Leafs trade a conditional 7th round pick to CBus for Riley Nash and the thread is 9 pages deep on the trade board. Jeebus.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Canes could use an upgrade on RHD and have a glut of LHD. I'd add to Walker for a chance to get one of Slavin/Skjei/Fleury - not necessarily in any order of preference.

I don’t think they move Skjei. Slavin is a stud, he’s not going anywhere. Could definitely see them listening on Fleury but, I believe he is expansion draft eligible so acquiring him leaves you with a decision regarding protection.

Islcey

Jun 18, 2018
Moore gets picked, we're gonna' have to protect him.
Here's a contrarian scenario -- Blake swaps Walker for a LHD and then protects 5D (Doughty, Roy, Clague, Strand, LHD) and protects Kopitar, Kempe and Grundstrom. Who is worth more to the Kings the D (Strand/Clague) or forwards (Moore/Anderssen/Lemieux/Lizzotte etc).

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Is he though? I mentioned this before...he is only 6 months younger than Amadio..

People rightly started calling out Amadio last year, and this year was his “last chance”. I don’t see how Grundy isn’t in the same spot next year? Which would mean he definitely isn’t worth protecting.

I don't necessarily disagree with you (hence the "not a no brainer"). Although if he "gets it" he will bring something that we don't really have (or much of) in the pipeline.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Moore has been a nice surprise this year. But if he gets picked by Seattle, I’d have zero problems with that. Just stay away from the young Dmen.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Sounds like Dubnyk to the Avs. Scratch off another place for Quick, especially if he hadn’t played poorly last last 2 months. Pretty much guarantees we see nothing but Jones for the next two years,

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

So TB sends 2021 1st and 2022 3rd to Columbus for Savard (great pickup, he's a very good d who was very good in the playoffs,) and then sent a 2021 4th to the Wings for Brian Lashoff

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
My wife just asked me: “who is the guy that came in as a rookie a few years ago and tore it up? The one with the rapist mustache?”

me: Austin Matthews?

YES!

You have a wife?

To be fair, I'm shocked any of us have a wife. Mine will see me on my phone and say in this real bitch mouth voice: You on the boards?

Yeah I'm on the boards! I've got to talk about how a 4th liner on a good team should be LW1 on the Kings haha

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Kids are usually in bed before the first period is half over most nights. So usually the Kings are only down 1 or 2 by then. ;)

I don't even watch this every night! Building up capital with the wife for when they are good again. But I let her know when I'm not watching this shit while we're watching House Hunters.

Reactions: Bandit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->