Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Expansion worries on HF are kind of like trade proposals on HF. People forget there are 30 soon to be 31 other teams. The Kings are likely going to lose either Clague/Strand or Moore/Anderssen, two youngish but not kid defenseman who have shown some flashes this season but are far from locks to be roster players whenever the Kings are ready to contend next, a bottom six player who has been excellent but is in his stone prime and has some very talented younger players to fight off for ice time in the next couple of years or a AAAA former Top 10 pick who has not come close to living up to it but still may be enticing for a team to take a shot on.

If I were Seattle I'd take Moore or Clague, and we shouldn't complain, other teams are going to lose way better players. As good as Moore has been this year, he is an easily replaceable asset.
i'd say it's less the worry about losing them, more the curiosity of the dance being done behind the scenes for me

like we're sitting wondering why the f*** clague isn't playing and i'm curious if it's just because they don't want to show their hand to seattle

Reactions: Schrute farms

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Clague and Strand are both eligible to be picked by Seattle unless they are protected. The games played requirement is just a stipulation that you need at least 1 of those guys at each position to expose (Maatta, MacD, and Clague if he plays enough would qualify).

For example, if the Kings didnt have Maatta or MacD on the roster, they would be required to expose someone with enough NHL experience (for example, Roy). Thus, it’s necessary for LA to keep Maatta and MacD around to ensure they dont have to expose someone like Roy.

As far as the AHL shuffling goes, who knows. It doesnt change the fact that the Kings would have to protect Clague. Same for Strand. If the Kings were sending Clague down in order to cool Seattle off of him then that’s really shitty (for both the team’s success and Clague).

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That hit by Ryan Reaves on Jordan Gross looked sketchy. Elbow was up and caught him in the face.

I’d love to see someone tune Reeves just one time.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That hit by Ryan Reaves on Jordan Gross looked sketchy. Elbow/Shoulder was up and caught him in the face.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
That hit by Ryan Reaves on Jordan Gross looked sketchy. Elbow/Shoulder was up and caught him in the face.

tough one there, that's a big man hitting a very small man but that's also a hell of a lot of head contact

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
jeez 75% retained? i mean this is as golden of an opportunity as it gets for the leafs to get it done.. wish they put a bit more effort into shoring up their D and goaltending but hey. throw more goals at it. god bless em if campbell comes down to earth

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
jeez 75% retained? i mean this is as golden of an opportunity as it gets for the leafs to get it done.. wish they put a bit more effort into shoring up their D and goaltending but hey. throw more goals at it. god bless em if campbell comes down to earth

Agree on the D, but I've always liked Foligno, he's the type of player who gives 100% every shift, he's smart and one helluva leader . which the Leafs need for a long playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad