Around the League 2020-21 Part 3, Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Canucks may not play another game this season.

Hopefully the players and coaches families don’t encounter issues as a result.

Read something about Travis Hamonic and his daughter having health issues which is why he didn’t participate in the bubble last year.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
sounds just awful. Hope everyone here stays clear of it too.

Do you guys remember when Brown was like deathly ill around December 2019 last year. Given scientists have started to link cases in North America before originally thought for some reason he popped into my head and made me wonder if he had it.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
So another Canuck player tested positive yesterday, which makes 20 from roster and taxi squad.

Bill Daly, yesterday, states he doesn't think it will affect the NHL 56 game schedule.
I think he's wrong, esp if these players are sick, not asymptomatic, and with a new strain.

NHL expresses concern about Vancouver Canucks' COVID-19 situation - TSN.ca

The NHL's deputy commissioner says the Vancouver Canucks' COVID-19 outbreak is concerning, but remains confident the team will be able to complete its schedule.

In an email to The Canadian Press on Monday, Bill Daly says the Canucks' numbers are "concerning from a health and safety standpoint, not necessarily from a scheduling standpoint."

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Would be shocked if the Canucks got in their entire 56 game schedule.

Worst case scenario, I suppose they could call up the majority of their farm team. Not sure if that's really ideal in terms of competitive balance, but I suppose anything goes in a COVID season.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
sounds just awful. Hope everyone here stays clear of it too.

Do you guys remember when Brown was like deathly ill around December 2019 last year. Given scientists have started to link cases in North America before originally thought for some reason he popped into my head and made me wonder if he had it.
I thought the same thing, but given how contagious this virus is, I would have thought it would have hit the team and his family and neither happened. I would have expected they would have done bloodwork later on to see if Brown had the antibodies.

Reactions: YP44

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Would be shocked if the Canucks got in their entire 56 game schedule.

Worst case scenario, I suppose they could call up the majority of their farm team. Not sure if that's really ideal in terms of competitive balance, but I suppose anything goes in a COVID season.

Don’t think that will help. Vancouver still has the A team in the US I think. So would take atleast 2 weeks until they could play.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Sabres win again only 10 points behind us!!! Would not be one bit surprised if they catch up.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I mean we might as well get something out of this season, right???

I'm with you I'm already starting my own draft party a few months early. Another sad season, what is it four or five straight years now? :facepalm:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The rangers have scored more goals in 2 weeks than the Kings have in 2 months. What's it like to score 8 or more goals, three times in a two weeks? Put up another snowman on the pens tonight:mad:.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
The rangers have scored more goals in 2 weeks than the Kings have in 2 months. What's it like to score 8 or more goals, three times in a two weeks? Put up another snowman on the pens tonight:mad:.

They have a pretty good offensive team with Panarin, Zbad, Kreider, and Strome having a very good year. 6 players have 10 or more goals compared to 2 on the Kings. Offense seems to be the biggest need for this team in like forever. When 35 years old Dustin Brown is leading the team in goals you know you got issues. Sad.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Doesn't feel like 17 years ago when we drafted Zajac. As a Devils fan, I'm satisfied with that return although I'd be hard pressed to name 15 guys in the 2021 Draft right now. Haven't felt this disconnected with the draft since the 2005 lockout.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there

Doesn't feel like 17 years ago when we drafted Zajac. As a Devils fan, I'm satisfied with that return although I'd be hard pressed to name 15 guys in the 2021 Draft right now. Haven't felt this disconnected with the draft since the 2005 lockout.

Solid adds for Islanders.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Interesting to see how aggressive Lamoriello is, giving up a first for two rentals, but it could pay off. This deal gives the Isles considerable depth, and considering the fact that the Isles are a top 7 team in the league, that could just be a late first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad