GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This current guy sounds like some basement dwelling pleb that spends half of his time looking at old magazines and clippings of the Calgary 80s 'legacy' :help:

Reactions: iCanada

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I stepped away for a minute, now he sounds like he's on the verge of tears. Too good

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
And on suicide watch. Lmao

giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I've said repeatedly that Lindholm is kind of the keystone player for the Flames. He gives them that extra scoring punch that they badly need to win games. If you shut him down, they lose.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Just read the last ~35 pages of this thread. Wow. I can't believe I missed this one.

Between Tkachuk's reactions, Treviling's idiocy, Wen22's doodles, and Bieksa's work on the panel, this game was legendary.

I'm surprised your twin didn't wake you up.

Oil rise to the top

Jan 15, 2019
'berta
Did anyone else wake up feeling great this morning? I sure did :D

You know what made this extra special? That it wasnt just another playoff year that the Flames got eliminated from. This one stung a lot for the Flames Fans. All those years of touting Monahan, then Gaudreau, then Giordano, then Bennett, then Tkachuk.... all came to an end with this 1st round exit. This made them look themselves in the mirror and realise they've just hit their peak. Those top players they've touted all these years are nothing but soft duds in the playoffs. It's all going down hill now. Nothing but pain and suffering of watching a rebuilding team for at least the next couple of years to come.

*sips coffee*

I havent added any sugar to the the coffee I just made, but it tastes so, so, sooooooo sweet!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Flames’ productive playoff run unravels in horrific, historic finale

That's the title of the article. Only in Calgary is winning two playoff games a productive playoff run.

Seen “run” used a few times now. Including from that worm Darren Haynes from the Athletic who fired out a sarcastic tweet saying the Flames playoff “run” was brought to you by the 18-19 Oilers after they won Game 1. A hilarious tweet in hindsight.

Calgary is the only place on the planet that would consider a 6 game exit in the first round a “run.”

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Seen “run” used a few times now. Including from that worm Darren Haynes from the Athletic who fired out a sarcastic tweet saying the Flames playoff “run” was brought to you by the 18-19 Oilers after they won Game 1. A hilarious tweet in hindsight.

Calgary is the only place on the planet that would consider a 6 game exit in the first round a “run.”
I firmly believe that the Flames fans idiocy around their team is due to their gaslighting media.

Like I could honestly not believe what I heard from their radio propaganda ministers after the loss last night. I think the guys here did a good job summing it up. Because honestly between their coaches unbelievably optimistic presser after getting absolutely shelled, calling 2 wins a “playoff run”, and Loubardias (I think it was him) saying that he sees a foundation laid now that could lead to a Cup....like I just can’t with these idiots. No wonder their fans are so delusional, they just are following the lead set by their fart sniffing media.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Fans knew this was coming. Nobody is really mad calling in lol.

Lots of Hall talk. I would love him in EDM because we have top stars. He is good behind them. He will not succeed in CGY IMO. I honestly wouldn't be upset if he signed there. Would be weird, but that will be a bad move by Hall.
I don't see Hall coming to Edmonton or Calgary, both of our teams have terrible playoff records.

I think he signs a short term lower money deal to try and win somewhere. Then get paid later when the salary cap goes up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad