GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just watched the highlights finally, what utterly awful goaltending by the flames. This will be the oiler fate in an ongoing basis until we find a 'good' goalie, not a hope and wish goalie.

Just like last year oiler priority #1, 2 an 3 should be an upgrade in goal. Scoring winger, dman, 3rd 4th liners are all distant needs compared to goalie.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Just watched the highlights finally, what utterly awful goaltending by the flames. This will be the oiler fate in an ongoing basis until we find a 'good' goalie, not a hope and wish goalie.

Just like last year oiler priority #1, 2 an 3 should be an upgrade in goal. Scoring winger, dman, 3rd 4th liners are all distant needs compared to goalie.

I think they will outbid us for Lehner

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was just doing research for another thread. Has it ever been mentioned that Colorado literally only has 5 players that they drafted playing for them?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Me watching/listening to Oilers and Nucks fans dump all over Calgary after their debacle last night.

good-good-let-the-hate-flow-through-you-13858771.png

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It’s a new day, yes it is.

Flames since winning cup:
90: 1st round exit
91: 1st round exit
92: 1st round exit
93: 1st round exit
94: 1st round exit
95: 1st round exit
96: 1st round exit
97: no playoffs
98: no playoffs
99: no playoffs
00: no playoffs
01: no playoffs
02: no playoffs
03: no playoffs
04: finals!
06: 1st round exit
07: 1st round exit
08: 1st round exit
09: 1st round exit
10: no playoffs
11: no playoffs
12: no playoffs
13: no playoffs
14: no playoffs
15: 2nd round exit
16: no playoffs
17: 1st round exit
18: no playoffs
19: 1st round exit (#1 seed)
20. 1st round exit.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Before we crap on the Flamers too much, atleast they played longer than us and actually played what is considered playoff hockey; us, not so much

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
It’s a new day, yes it is.

Flames since winning cup:
90: 1st round exit
91: 1st round exit
92: 1st round exit
93: 1st round exit
94: 1st round exit
95: 1st round exit
96: 1st round exit
97: no playoffs
98: no playoffs
99: no playoffs
00: no playoffs
01: no playoffs
02: no playoffs
03: no playoffs
04: finals!
06: 1st round exit
07: 1st round exit
08: 1st round exit
09: 1st round exit
10: no playoffs
11: no playoffs
12: no playoffs
13: no playoffs
14: no playoffs
15: 2nd round exit
16: no playoffs
17: 1st round exit
18: no playoffs
19: 1st round exit (#1 seed)
20. 1st round exit.

Flames haven't beat a team not named the Vancouver Canucks in Round 1 since Gretzky was an Oiler

astounding

Reactions: TB12

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Before we crap on the Flamers too much, atleast they played longer than us and actually played what is considered playoff hockey; us, not so much
Between the way they shit talked and the way some fans in here were about how good the ex-oilers were, they can all f*** off and get crapped on now.

Ya they made it farther than us, but the way they've talked up their team was f***ing annoying already. You beat a WPG team that wasn't even really projected to make the playoffs this year. A WPG team that ended up losing two of their best players in game 1.

Reactions: TB12

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
First off. I hate the Flames. Between Kneerdano and Tkachuk being scum. Johnny dives a lot. Very strange/favorable officiating. Their broadcast group being the worst bunch of clueless homers. There is lots to legit hate about them.

They managed to choke in an epic fashion. Historically even.

But.

We choked badly as well. And overall did worse in the play ins. As much fun as it is to poke fun at them we should not take it too far. Since they did "technically" do better than us. There are some decent Flames fans that hate a lot of what goes with the Flames as well. Those poor saps deserve a bit of our pity for yet another poor playoffs.

And probably the only change their team will under go is moving out Johnny for Hall. Another very poor playoff performer. While Kneerdano gets older and their goaltending goes tits up. Not a lot to look forward to as a Flames fans.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
First off. I hate the Flames. Between Kneerdano and Tkachuk being scum. Johnny dives a lot. Very strange/favorable officiating. Their broadcast group being the worst bunch of clueless homers. There is lots to legit hate about them.

They managed to choke in an epic fashion. Historically even.

But.

We choked badly as well. And overall did worse in the play ins. As much fun as it is to poke fun at them we should not take it too far. Since they did "technically" do better than us. There are some decent Flames fans that hate a lot of what goes with the Flames as well. Those poor saps deserve a bit of our pity for yet another poor playoffs.

And probably the only change their team will under go is moving out Johnny for Hall. Another very poor playoff performer. While Kneerdano gets older and their goaltending goes tits up. Not a lot to look forward to as a Flames fans.
Must remember we didn't take out Toews and Kane in order to advance to the playoff round either. Without that, I doubt they got past the Jets.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Must remember we didn't take out Toews and Kane in order to advance to the playoff round either. Without that, I doubt they got past the Jets.

I hate Tkachuk with a passion and while I wouldn't put it past him to intentionally injure Schiefle that looked like an accident. As did the other if I remember correctly.

With the way the Oilers were playing to finish the year it's hard to say what would have happened in a regular format. Maybe both Calgary and Winnipeg would have made it in and us out. There really isn't a lot separating Oilers, Nucks, Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville, and Chicago. The West was pretty weak, especially the Pacific. Even Vegas was nothing special this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad