GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Last caller says Yammo will be 100x the player gaudreau is and says Neal played good. Chucky ends up in STL

This is a prank caller from edmonton 100% LOL

Reactions: Indiana

sosallycanwait

Aug 20, 2020
Guys not even smart enough to figure out how to wear a f***ing mask, no way he can figure out how to fix his shit team.

re: Treliving
As a Nucks fan I won't lie it felt good to watch the Oilers lose but at least most of your fanbase aren't dbags.
But the Lames have the worst fans of any sport and to see them getting cocky after the first couple of games only to be humiliated is awesome. Team has zero heart, zero cap, and zero prospects. Even a good GM would be screwed, let alone pizza man.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So a bit of a ‘coolstorybro’ but how my night watching the game started

Mentioned before the girl is a Canucks fan (grew up in Vancouver). She was getting ready for bed (works early tomorrow) and had the game on while I was running up and down stairs setting up a mesh router between the first and second period. Second period had started and I was lamenting how the Stars weren’t getting it done. I walked in and saw it was 3-2. She says “I think they’ll come back” and boom it’s 3-3. I had to stifle my laughter downstairs as the score escalated.

Feels like blasphemy but obviously I’ve had to be reasonable about the Canucks (with the gf) but to be fair the team is not hate-able like before (only a couple of players like Roussel but every team has guys like that, also not crazy about how much love Hughes gets already but he’s good at least unlike).

The Bieksa troll job tonight and his good commentating has redeemed him quite a bit in my eyes. And I’m a prick about the bandwagon fans but there are a quite a few fecent Canucks fans out there. Flames being out makes me feel better about the Nucks being in. Much lesser of two evils IMO.

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Robert is drunk AF. Says the flames are stuck in a pit of mediocrity; can barely make the playoffs, they are Minnesota.

Surprisingly level headed. Understands no one wants Monahan or Gaudreau after all the failure. Say they need a true star player, a Draisaitl or McDavid.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
As a Nucks fan I won't lie it felt good to watch the Oilers lose but at least most of your fanbase aren't dbags.
But the Lames have the worst fans of any sport and to see them getting cocky after the first couple of games only to be humiliated is awesome. Team has zero heart, zero cap, and zero prospects. Even a good GM would be screwed, let alone pizza man.

100%. I’ve met many in my years and can’t think of any that don’t act like their team is a constant contender even after their parade of first round exits and DNQ’s the past 30 years since their only cup win that they act like it's worth 100.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
LMAO Captain Tkachuk. Jeebus :laugh::help:
Not really that crazy of an idea.
Would help keep him in calgary as well imo
I think it actually makes a ton of sense, GIO is getting pretty old now, Tkachuk is a pretty obvious replacement.

What do you think?

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
As slimy Tkachuk is, he is the best player on their team, he drives the play. Definitely a model Flame.

I've always said he's their best player, but I think you need to give Captaincy to a guy that's a little more emotionally stable, no? I'm sure Flames fans loved seeing his "passion" tonight but on the flip side it's pretty embarrassing. Guess they don't have anyone else that fits the bill though.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
honestly Flames fans know they are stuck. Gio looked like trash. he is too old. No top tier stars. They are in limbo

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Not really that crazy of an idea.
Would help keep him in calgary as well imo
I think it actually makes a ton of sense, GIO is getting pretty old now, Tkachuk is a pretty obvious replacement.

What do you think?

Gio is an embarrassment of a captain, I think him 'passing the torch' will be a part of the changes this year. Guess he's the best of the worst. They don't have a McDavid, Draisaitl, Horvat etc.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
honestly Flames fans know they are stuck. Gio looked like trash. he is too old. No top tier stars. They are in limbo

They should have moved one of Monaloser or Fauxdreau last year while they had more value. Now it'll be tougher, especially with the Covid Cap.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Fans knew this was coming. Nobody is really mad calling in lol.

Lots of Hall talk. I would love him in EDM because we have top stars. He is good behind them. He will not succeed in CGY IMO. I honestly wouldn't be upset if he signed there. Would be weird, but that will be a bad move by Hall.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Fans knew this was coming. Nobody is really mad calling in lol.

Lots of Hall talk. I would love him in EDM because we have top stars. He is good behind them. He will not succeed in CGY IMO. I honestly wouldn't be upset if he signed there. Would be weird, but that will be a bad move by Hall.

Yeah, could see him signing there if it comes down to money (and they move Gaudreau and clear some cap). But it's a sideways move, especially if he can sign with Colorado etc for just a bit less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad