GDT: Around the League 2019-20 v16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
OK I thought the Minnesota Wild was the dumbest name in hockey. With a name like Climate Pledge Arena I now expect the Seattle team name to be the "Green" and wear recycled garbage bags as jerseys.

With an Enviro-activist arena name I already hate the f***ing Seattle team more than most teams.

They already have a mascot.

2079cb878a875d60c90924d9ee7d9f9679c6a463_hq.jpg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
“Season ticket holders will also be asked to bring in their own collected rainwater and add it to the reservoir tanks that will be built near the arena so they have a hand in making the team’s own ice.“

Hope they don’t get a drought in Seattle. They will have to roller blade instead of skate.

Also as a season ticket holder what do you do, bring a 20 gallon container full of rain water to each game? I bet their STH will just use tap water. Way easier.

Signed, The carbon loving Oilers.

I wonder when the enviro-Marxist’s will take to Twitter and demand we change our team name.

Reactions: Oilhawks and ujju2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
During first intermission they will do live basket weaving and in the 2nd it will be how to make granola.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm assuming the Seattle arena will have no form of air conditioning if used in summer. At least I would hope not.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm assuming the Seattle arena will have no form of air conditioning if used in summer. At least I would hope not.

They will have 4,000 trained pigeons in cages flapping their winds in unison to create a soft enviro-friendly breeze for the Climate Pledge patrons.

The pigeons will be fed a diet of locally grown and curated birdseed, drink recycled Seattle toilet water and their poop turned into high yield fertilizer for the Climate Pledge lawn.

Reactions: BlackDogg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Climate pledge arena is a dumb name and Amazon is being pretty transparent in their quest for props.

Making a completely green arena, though? That's actually cool.

I can do without the sanctimonious Seattle bullshit though.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I can do without the sanctimonious Seattle bullshit though.

It's not "Seattle". Amazon bought the naming rights of the arena and are outfitting it so that it is a green arena.

They're doing it for brownie points and good PR, and lord knows Amazon is f***ing evil, but isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't everything be moving to be environmentally friendly? Are you mad because they're being "sanctimonious" or "virtue signaling" or are you mad because it's inherently a challenge at some Albertans, maybe yours included, world views?

Seems odd to be this annoyed about this, is all. It's an eye roll at worst.

Reactions: The Kid Anger

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's not "Seattle". Amazon bought the naming rights of the arena and are outfitting it so that it is a green arena.

They're doing it for brownie points and good PR, and lord knows Amazon is f***ing evil, but isn't that a good thing? Shouldn't everything be moving to be environmentally friendly? Are you mad because they're being "sanctimonious" or "virtue signaling" or are you mad because it's inherently a challenge at some Albertans, maybe yours included, world views?

Seems odd to be this annoyed about this, is all. It's an eye roll at worst.

It’s an eye roll in your opinion. I don’t like virtue signalling in any form. This is virtue signalling on such a grandiose scale that it’s beyond nauseating in my opinion. Seattle is ground zero for self serving thoughts and prayers sanctimonious virtue signalling horse shit.

You want to build a carbon “neutral” building, knock yourself out. Sure it’s a good thing but I don’t buy the ice from rainwater enviro-crap for a second and I am pro environment. I just don’t buy the love the environment stuff when it spews from billionaires mouths.

Amazon, the leading cause of retail job loss on the planet, delivering crap made in China - the least environmentally friendly country there is - by air and courier to your front door (using JP6 high octane jet fuel and diesel or gasoline in those fuel inefficient vans last time I checked) buys the naming rights and names it “Climate Pledge”.

Like Bezos gives a flying f*** about the climate. Save the on high preaching to us from your billion dollar ivory tower Bezos. Maybe invest those bucks in environmentally friendly tech than spend several hundred million on a preachy green sign.

Sure I am in favor of environmentally friendly designs. I’m not in favor of the grandstanding bullshit from Amazon and this Seattle franchise.

Mad at challenging my “Albertan world views”? WTF?? Love how you just made this personal for zero reason.

And I get whacked for saying Cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad