Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Boston's top line is downright ridiculous.
I love when people say Boston is a 1 line team.
Trouble is, when our 11 million dollar stars step on the ice with them, they got nothing on them. Maybe they should for that money.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Pasta now leads the league in scoring with 23 points .... How many more games will it take for our comparable to reach 23 points ???

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I love when people say Boston is a 1 line team.
Trouble is, when our 11 million dollar stars step on the ice with them, they got nothing on them. Maybe they should for that money.
3 great players playing together is better than 2? who would have thunk it?

Maybe if we stacked a line with Nylander-Matthews-Marner to go head to head and they still got beat you would have a case, but Babcock would never do that.

and they are the very definition of a one line team lol They only have 4 guys with more than 4 points so far this year (Pasta,Bergeron,Marchand, Krug). We have 11...

Reactions: stickty111

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Maybe if we stacked a line with Nylander-Matthews-Marner to go head to head and they still got beat you would have a case, but Babcock would never do that.

and they are the very definition of a one line team lol They only have 4 guys with more than 4 points so far this year (Pasta,Bergeron,Marchand, Krug). We have 11...

I don't think a line of 88, 34 and 16 has what it takes to compete with the Bergeron line. That line is not one soft and dimensional. Cassidy would be licking his lips.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don't think a line of 88, 34 and 16 has what it takes to compete with the Bergeron line. That line is not one soft and dimensional. Cassidy would be licking his lips.

Do you think they’ll ever be as dominant as those guys? Bergeron is so responsible and it has rubbed off on the other two. I love watching them play.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Do you think they’ll ever be as dominant as those guys? Bergeron is so responsible and it has rubbed off on the other two. I love watching them play.

I thought Matthews would be dominant at some point down the road. Marner maybe. 88 no.

If I were an impartial fan, sure I would love watching them play. However being a Leaf fan it pisses me off watching them beat us whenever it matters.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I thought Matthews would be dominant at some point down the road. Marner maybe. 88 no.

If I were an impartial fan, sure I would love watching them play. However being a Leaf fan it pisses me off watching them beat us whenever it matters.

I’m so far beyond caring about that.

I cheered against them in the final but I sure enjoyed watching that team. Since the WJHC when McAvoy beat Chabot ( side note - one of the best hockey games I’ve watched in years) I’ve always admired McAvoy’s play. Tenacious.

Reactions: ToneDog

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
They would have the puck all the time so yes. Splitting up our best possession line and then trying to trying to take on that top line with Matthews and Marner was just asking for trouble.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

God no, terrible idea.

Reactions: Arzak and Al14

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They would have the puck all the time so yes. Splitting up our best possession line and then trying to trying to take on that top line with Matthews and Marner was just asking for trouble.

Somebody has to go into a corner and dig the puck out. I don't see that line working in either end.

Reactions: Al14

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Islanders on a seven game win streak, including all three of a three-in-four-nights stretch, and doing it against winning teams (except Ottawa).

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
you think? Lebrun article in the athletic pegged him right around that number with agents and GMs chiming in

Why not, just make it difficult...could have pushed for $10 million at least...Doughty is a bum right now and he's paid $11 million...and Nashville can't afford not to sign Josi, he's their #1 d man...hold out as long as possible like others...it's all about the money, right? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad