Around the League - 2019/20 Season Edition #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Why not, just make it difficult...could have pushed for $10 million at least...Doughty is a bum right now and he's paid $11 million...and Nashville can't afford not to sign Josi, he's their #1 d man...hold out as long as possible like others...it's all about the money, right? :sarcasm:
Have you looked at the Kings roster? lol

Doughty has Ben Hutton, Nathan Walker, and Martinez in the too 4 with him..

Josi has Ellis, Ekholm, and Fabbro..

I wonder why Doughty doesn't look as good as normal??

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Tampa hasn't had a great start to the season either.

After their playoff last year, it's surprisingly quiet compared to the noise the Leafs' start has made.

What's even scarier for Tampa is that they have far and away the best 5v5 save% in the league, well north of .95.

They are lucky they arnt a basement team right now and just lost Hedman and Maroon last night, although I dont know the extent of the injuries.

I wonder what's going on over there? With the Leafs, you can see the 5v5 goaltending in the bottom 5 all month, injuries and schedule causing issues but Tampa tore the league up last year and just came out flat.

Lingering doubts from the first round sweep?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Kind of congested right now in Atlantic. Florida has slid past us into 3rd and have 16 points and 1 game in hand. Tampa and Montreal have 14 points with 2 games in hand.

Note - Edited to include the remaining games from last night's schedule.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
CBJ was the only team the Leafs are battling for playoff positioning that played and lost last night.

Sure it’s early but the Leafs technically still hold the last spot

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

After their playoff last year, it's surprisingly quiet compared to the noise the Leafs' start has made.
The fans over there have the daily Cooper watch threads as well as some good ones that include why I'm done with this team.
When the Habs slide it's a Bergevin bash fest.

We aren't the only ones with the critical eye. Just the ones with the longest drought.

Reactions: rumman

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

The arrogance that Tampa fans have never ceases to amaze me. Theyre quietly becoming one of the most under achieving teams in recent memory based on how their roster looks on paper. That playoff swerp was absolutely humiliating

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
The arrogance that Tampa fans have never ceases to amaze me. Theyre quietly becoming one of the most under achieving teams in recent memory based on how their roster looks on paper. That playoff swerep was absolutely humiliating

We shouldn't talk. We are in the lead for all of the traits you listed.

Reactions: Blowfish

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The fans over there have the daily Cooper watch threads as well as some good ones that include why I'm done with this team.
When the Habs slide it's a Bergevin bash fest.

We aren't the only ones with the critical eye. Just the ones with the longest drought.
You forgot we have the most fans

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
#237 - Couldn't care less. Tampa has a won a Cup, along with the President's Trophy & Conference championships.

Toronto -> 52 years without a Cup. 0 playoff rounds won since CBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Point out when the Leafs won the President’s trophy again?
Can't. But I will point out the fact that the Leafs were in 3 game 7's against a team (Boston) ranked higher than they were in the standings each year, and not getting swept.

Reactions: stickty111

kb

Aug 28, 2009
#237 - Couldn't care less. Tampa has a won a Cup, along with the President's Trophy & Conference championships.

That was all last year? Name an active player from their cup team.

Last edited:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Can't. But I will point out the fact that the Leafs were in 3 game 7's against a team (Boston) ranked higher than they were in the standings each year, and not getting swept.
A fail is a fail no matter how much sugar is in it.
Best team in the league, swept, lose every year round 1 game 7, out.
We should strive for better than just making defeat sound a little better.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Weird how context is called sugar.....Leafs were never favoured to win. They didn't. It's not a tragedy. It's called taking your lumps and trying to learn from it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I rather fail in a game 7 twice, then be swept by an 8th place after being the best team in the season. We have actually been better. We lost to the Cup runner up, while the Lightning lost to the 2nd rounder loser.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We shouldn't talk. We are in the lead for all of the traits you listed.
What a surprise. Somebody criticizes another team, you come in with the "leafs are a terrible" and the "others are still better".
The other teams are not perfect. You should try to think about that.

Leafs have 13 stanley cups. A lot more then the Lightning do.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What a surprise. Somebody criticizes another team, you come in with the "leafs are a terrible" and the "others are still better".
The other teams are not perfect. You should try to think about that.

Leafs have 13 stanley cups. A lot more then the Lightning do.
Nothing prior to expansion matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->