Around The League 2019-20 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I hope your right about the colors but wow sockeyes would be a terrible name.

I don't know, I think it's creative. Sockeye is the name of a particular salmon in the area and also "socking" someone.

It's something unique to the region and also plays on the toughness aspect of hockey.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Their color scheme based on their official NHL page looks like it is set to be very unique. Kinda leads one to believe the Sockeyes will be the mascot name

Official Seattle Website
The colors remind me of the Las Vegas Vipers
I don't know, I think it's creative. Sockeye is the name of a particular salmon in the area and also "socking" someone.

It's something unique to the region and also plays on the toughness aspect of hockey.
I dig the name. A lot actually. The only way it could be better is if they call them the Seattle Bitch Pigeons (Spittin Chiclets reference).

Reactions: Darkauron

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I’m all for unique and different names and colors but man sockeyes? It’s definitely better then kraken.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If they are going to name the team after a salmon it should be the chum salmon. Then the arena could be the Chum Bucket and we all know who would be on the jersey.

Can’t wait till they make the playoffs and fans can bring their own chum filled buckets to throw on the ice after goals.

Jaws night will be amazing

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Sometimes its annoying to know people will use draft position as a crutch when their player doesnt do as well as one lower

Im being told on the trade forum that Bouchard is worth considerably more than Smith when Ty has out produced and out played him at every step since being drafted

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sometimes its annoying to know people will use draft position as a crutch when their player doesnt do as well as one lower

Im being told on the trade forum that Bouchard is worth considerably more than Smith when Ty has out produced and out played him at every step since being drafted

Thankfully the emotional ravings of message board fandom does not change reality. If enough people insisted that Zacha was better than Aho because of his defensive play it wouldn’t change the two players. Smith and Bouchard are two very different players anyway.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I read somewhere that possible NBA training camp dates may start on June, 21 with games starting July, 15th. I know we're much more of an international sport and travel concerns may hinder the NHL more, but I really think we missed a golden opportunity to start early and be the only major sport playing for a few weeks.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I read somewhere that possible NBA training camp dates may start on June, 21 with games starting July, 15th. I know we're much more of an international sport and travel concerns may hinder the NHL more, but I really think we missed a golden opportunity to start early and be the only major sport playing for a few weeks.

MLS is also starting again on July 8th...
MLS is Back Tournament

I also thought the NBA did a better job with their format of finishing the season and playoffs than the NHL.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Soccer is so engrained in everyones heads from the World Cup that I just dont see how the MLS will ever grow to any sort of European soccer league level

Most of the people I know or have spoke to about it would rather watch anything than soccer - its considered extremely boring

Its not like hockey where some people have seen it a few times and dont know about it.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Soccer is so engrained in everyones heads from the World Cup that I just dont see how the MLS will ever grow to any sort of European soccer league level

Most of the people I know or have spoke to about it would rather watch anything than soccer - its considered extremely boring

Its not like hockey where some people have seen it a few times and dont know about it.

There are teams in the league that draw ridiculous crowds, Atlanta averages 52k but have had over 70k a lot Seattle averages 40k. The new team in Nashville had almost 60k. There are a bunch of teams that average crowds of 20k+

2019 MLS Attendance - Soccer Stadium Digest

The TV ratings are still mediocre but the fans are showing up to actually watch the games. It's still a niche sport but the league gets better and better every season. Will it ever top the English, German and Spanish league? Not likely but as the years go on and the league keeps getting better and better it has a chance to be one of the better leagues in the world simply because it will offer the chance to play in the US/Canada vs playing in a lot of these other leagues in the world.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
There are teams in the league that draw ridiculous crowds, Atlanta averages 52k but have had over 70k a lot Seattle averages 40k. The new team in Nashville had almost 60k. There are a bunch of teams that average crowds of 20k+

2019 MLS Attendance - Soccer Stadium Digest

The TV ratings are still mediocre but the fans are showing up to actually watch the games. It's still a niche sport but the league gets better and better every season. Will it ever top the English, German and Spanish league? Not likely but as the years go on and the league keeps getting better and better it has a chance to be one of the better leagues in the world simply because it will offer the chance to play in the US/Canada vs playing in a lot of these other leagues in the world.
Soccer is heavily based on who comes to the league and I find it hard to believe Europeans are going to want to leave home to play in a less-watched league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad