Around The League 2019-20 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
What ever happened to the poster who would always hype up the Panthers and their players/prospects?

Would love to hear why theyre going to beat up on the Islanders for the play-in series

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What ever happened to the poster who would always hype up the Panthers and their players/prospects?

Would love to hear why theyre going to beat up on the Islanders for the play-in series
5F4B1388-1EDF-467B-9F3E-68E082E9D437.jpeg

The game will be a bloodbath, but I think whoever wins that game will face the Rags in the ECF. Florida is a very good team with loads of talent, including the best coach and goalie in the game. And an outstanding GM who is known for making shrewd move after shrewd move. Noel Acciari remains the most shrewd pickup of last offseason. 20 goals for barely more than $1.5 million. What a pickup by Tallon, who will undoubtedly win GM of the year. I’ll never understand why fans of the NJD don’t take that team more seriously. A young, up and coming team that’s very exciting to watch.

Don’t count out the NYb though. It will be the most exciting game of the play-in round, besides the Rags vs Rawly.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
View attachment 348690
The game will be a bloodbath, but I think whoever wins that game will face the Rags in the ECF. Florida is a very good team with loads of talent, including the best coach and goalie in the game. And an outstanding GM who is known for making shrewd move after shrewd move. Noel Acciari remains the most shrewd pickup of last offseason. 20 goals for barely more than $1.5 million. What a pickup by Tallon, who will undoubtedly win GM of the year. I’ll never understand why fans of the NJD don’t take that team more seriously. A young, up and coming team that’s very exciting to watch.

Don’t count out the NYb though. It will be the most exciting game of the play-in round, besides the Rags vs Rawly.

These never get old lol.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
For the Devils, a mini training camp would be especially nice if a new coach is in the fold before the camp.

Saying that, it’s still better to make sure you have the right coach than to rush just for the mini training camp.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Murray is a guy (much like Doug Wilson and even David Poile) that I figure has to be winding down in his time as the GM.

All of those guys stuck around and didn’t win the cup while their windows were wide open, now they’ve slammed shut and are still kept around. I don’t think Poile’s Predators teams ever had the wide window the first two did and his hasn’t shut to the extent those other two have, but that’s definitely the case for Murray and Wilson.

Murray also made the fatal mistake of bringing back Retread Randy while his team was still contending. And then he hired miserable Eakins afterwards.

Can’t believe he’s still around in Anaheim.

Reactions: Davegarri

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With the news of Botterill being kept in Buffalo, that rules out Shero going there next year.

I thought Shero would be there next year as the GM in Buffalo after they canned the other guy.

Speaking of Poile, he’s getting up there in age. I wonder if they wanna kick him upstairs and possibly hire Shero as GM, who could probably do a pretty good job as the GM of a win-now team, although he’s probably a bit trigger happy with deadline trades.

If they do that to Poile, I’m sure he’ll be picked up by a team to GM, just like Lou and Ken Holland, if he so chooses to leave.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Interesting to read, Eakins had a decent reputation around San Diego for the job he did with the Gulls. But perhaps coaching/managing AHL guys is a slightly different animal than NHL players. Also interesting as this is almost a repeat of what happened with Eakins before; He was well-regarded as Toronto's AHL coach but Edmonton soured on him pretty quickly after bringing him in.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
View attachment 348690

Wasnt their name Dominion or something along those lines?!

Wow what a blast from the not so far past.

Was he from Florida? Maybe thats why he always talked about them

Reactions: Darkauron

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wasnt their name Dominion or something along those lines?!

Wow what a blast from the not so far past.

Was he from Florida? Maybe thats why he always talked about them
Devils Dominion.

And i’m pretty sure he was in Jersey. I think he hyped Florida (as well as all our rivals) because our fan base never took Florida seriously. And he was also hyping the Red Wings at the end as being not as bad as their record.

He also hyped bad goalies like Mrazek.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Devils Dominion.

And i’m pretty sure he was in Jersey. I think he hyped Florida (as well as all our rivals) because our fan base never took Florida seriously. And he was also hyping the Red Wings at the end as being not as bad as their record.

I fully expect him to tag you when the Panthers win with Mrazek at the helm (trade) and Schneider winning Finals games 4+5 after Mrazek goes down (FA)

Every goal against for each was stoppable though

Edit: wheres Bobrovsky? Retired

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Devils Dominion.

you gotta watch out for those Floridians ! :sarcasm:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Seeing how baseball is melting down over money and not having fans in the stands will basketball and hockey suffer the same fate if fans aren’t allowed in the arenas when the new season starts? Football will be the first one up but I can’t see them being hurt by no fans in the stands (financially hurt).

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Seeing how baseball is melting down over money and not having fans in the stands will basketball and hockey suffer the same fate if fans aren’t allowed in the arenas when the new season starts? Football will be the first one up but I can’t see them being hurt by no fans in the stands (financially hurt).

Hockey is far-more gate driven than basketball. Both will hurt, for sure, but hockey definitely moreso.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Idk why baseball is getting so hung up about this. Its not like they sell out every game since there are 162 of them. The Marlins average less fans than some minor league teams

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The NHL has cost-certainty, so while it will lose a lot of revenue it will also take a lot of salary in escrow from the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad