Around The League 2019-20 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It depends your set-up. Being able to distribute the puck effectively and read the play is half of what being a PPQB is about. The umbrella set up is all about being in those positions because those are where the angles are most effective. It's nearly impossible to defend that set-up with four players once you're in position. Butcher does a good job of getting set-up and maintaining the puck in the zone which is half the battle.

The days of the defender with a booming shot on the PP are pretty much over. It's more about being simple and effective. Having a talented guy like Hughes, Makar, or Burns will obviously make a huge difference, but for the most part, it's distribution and moving the puck to the dangerous guy more than anything. Or knowing when the lane is opening and taking your shot.

time for some gelly bombs!

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
time for some gelly bombs!

tenor.gif

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
i might revisit @Zippy316 's trivia thread…….now that was a trip of knowledge and sleuthing by many

its amazing

Games and Puzzles thread - Devils trivia and beyond

///

but i digress…. this is the around the league thread`

Might need to revive that soon.

Sean McIndoe (DownGoesBrown) at the Athletic had a fun game where he made an entire team with a common "rule". For those who have the Athletic: Down Goes Brown: Can you figure out the simple rules behind...

I might have some fun and put together a couple Devils related ones.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

It is tough losing year after year.

Zacha, the VAN pick if it is this year, Butcher, Seney, and Lovejoy's private cellphone number. Sure, it's a bit of an overpayment given that Seney leads all drafted Devils prospects in something good since 2012, but move Hughes to wing and play Eichel and Jack with Palms, and Nico can center Bratt and Gusev. Zajac can stay on the third line on one year deals until McLeod is ready and there you have it.

Reactions: glenwo2

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Zacha, the VAN pick if it is this year, Butcher, Seney, and Lovejoy's private cellphone number. Sure, it's a bit of an overpayment given that Seney leads all drafted Devils prospects in something good since 2012, but move Hughes to wing and play Eichel and Jack with Palms, and Nico can center Bratt and Gusev. Zajac can stay on the third line on one year deals until McLeod is ready and there you have it.

The league did confirm teams out of the qualifying round can start trading between each other now. Let’s do it.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Should’ve thought about that before signing a long term contract there Jackie
He was an RFA. He was gonna be there through 2022 anyway, unless he got traded.

And he can still get traded if he/they really want him to.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York

I can’t help but love the cheesiness of the Knights franchise. I love the Devils but how many franchises have red, black or white color schemes. The Canes could of kept the Whalers colors but red and black made more sense!?

Besides the Devils my favorite color schemes

Avs
Sharks
Knights
Wild
(Hopefully Seattle)

The Preds are different but I find the yellow ugly.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I can’t help but love the cheesiness of the Knights franchise. I love the Devils but how many franchises have red, black or white color schemes. The Canes could of kept the Whalers colors but red and black made more sense!?

Besides the Devils my favorite color schemes

Avs
Sharks
Knights
Wild
(Hopefully Seattle)

The Preds are different but I find the yellow ugly.

Seattle's jerseys should look something like this....

OIP.QNt2nO1DTT3fqqlQyoPYCAHaFI.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad