Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So Coach Q was there for 10 years. Did he forget how to coach? Should he go, or should players no longer be given contracts with ridiculous term which makes it impossible to hold them accountable.

The players I cited are not producing on a consistent basis. Toews is finally earning a portion of his money this season. What about last season and the season before that, and the one prior to that? You want to pay a player $10.5M in cap hit to produce sub-60 point seasons? That contract is dog ****. Seabrook is a shell of his former self defensively and not worth the money or the term. It's no big deal when these players decide to have a decent year every other year or every third year of these deals. Still not worth the contract they signed.

Holy non sequitur, batman.

I'm only pointing out that a decade long coaching tenure is massive and that if the team situation changes the coach going isn't surprising or ridiculous. Q isn't exactly known as a rebuilder coach and as you point out they aren't changing all the players so gotta start enacting change somewhere.

Reactions: crassbonanza

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Blackhawks have fired Quenneville.
Surprised he lasted to the start of this season. There was a lot of rumblings out of Chicago in the middle of last season that the players had tuned him out. If that was true then why did Bowman think anything was going to change this season? It's obviously not all Quenneville's fault Chicago is closer to the bottom of the league than the top like the Kings (well, the Kings are at the bottom lol) but you can't move the gigantic ugly contracts so the easy solution is moving on from the coach. Once the players quit on the coach, it's time to move on no matter who the coach is.

As for the Ottawa thing, when will athletes and people in general realize that everyone has a camera that's ready to upload videos and pictures in an instant? When will people realize that every single thing you upload to the internet will be available for everyone to see and you can't delete these things? Bad breach in privacy by the driver or the company but you've got to be smarter if you're a celebrity.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If you want some chaotic fun, read the Pens board after this loss to the Leafs. They have a top 5 record right now, the Kings are on a horrible pace as they sit in 31st place, and if you put the posts here and there side by side, you almost couldn't tell the difference. Coach sucks, need multiple trades, comfortable players, the system sucks, old, the next generation isn't pulling their weight. It's interesting.
With few exceptions every fanbase complains about the same thing. The coach, the PP, their drafting and their star players.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
DrXqynlVAAETIn2.jpg:large

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
stupid penalty to take given the situation but i like guys forcing players to answer for their ****

really not a fan of watching mcdavid try and tear his own shoulder apart in the pile though.. what a great way to hurt yourself

Bolded the part, I didn't see anything on the clip that the Tampa did, did something happen prior in the game? Either way, not the smartest play in the world by Lucic....

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I don't really blame Lucic there. First, there were no penalties called on a couple questionable hits. If those would have taken place a couple years ago when protecting the players by the boards was all the rage, they would have been majors. Now they aren't even called. Let's see what we've been through recently. Crackdowns on: interference, boarding, slashing, any stick even near the hands. None of which are really called now.

Secondly, he tapped Johnson to try to get him to answer for his actions and he skated off. I'm not going to say he deserved all of that, but if you are going to lay questionable hits and not answer the bell, you really did earn a good bitchslap.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Cheap shot by Malkin on Oshie, and Malkin gets the 5-minute major and the game misconduct.

Eddie O. says Malkin was just frustrated, and him doing something like that was uncharacteristic of him. Bull****!!

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Cheap shot by Malkin on Oshie, and Malkin gets the 5-minute major and the game misconduct.

Eddie O. says Malkin was just frustrated, and him doing something like that was uncharacteristic of him. Bull****!!
Shouldn't even have been a penalty. Oshie ducks while skating at Malkin and Malkin barely raises his arm to protect himself from a hit but hits a ducking Oshie instead. Oshie sold it and caused it himself.

Eddie O hates Malkin so that's surprising to hear that from him.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Shouldn't even have been a penalty. Oshie ducks while skating at Malkin and Malkin barely raises his arm to protect himself from a hit but hits a ducking Oshie instead. Oshie sold it and caused it himself.

No Malkin completely saw him coming and shouldered him in the head it was the right call.

Reactions: lumbergh

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Yeah, I don't think Malkin raised his arm to protect himself. He saw Oshie coming and gave him a cheap shot.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Yeah, I don't think Malkin raised his arm to protect himself. He saw Oshie coming and gave him a cheap shot.

Absolutely, it was one of those 20 years ago, everyone's going holy crap, great cold shoulder, good job....today....it's a major....

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Totally agree. He came off like an ass defending that hit. It was dirty, he knows it, but towed the NBC line about superstar players and dirty plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad