Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Damn. It sucks that Rick Nash has to retire early due to health concerns, but hopefully some good will come of this and force better understanding and evaluation of concussions and their effects on players.

Reactions: LAKings88

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Damn. It sucks that Rick Nash has to retire early due to health concerns, but hopefully some good will come of this and force better understanding and evaluation of concussions and their effects on players.
You like to think so, but this is said after every guy retired early with a brain injury. It's the hockey equivalent of "thoughts & prayers" stopping mass shootings. Nice words, but nothing behind them. Not picking on you for saying it, just would be nice if something was actually done. Unfortunately there are still too many clowns out there that think brain injures are "good old fashioned hockey".

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You like to think so, but this is said after every guy retired early with a brain injury. It's the hockey equivalent of "thoughts & prayers" stopping mass shootings. Nice words, but nothing behind them. Not picking on you for saying it, just would be nice if something was actually done. Unfortunately there are still too many clowns out there that think brain injures are "good old fashioned hockey".

Suspend players for one year for a head shot and they would stop tomorrow. But the players wouldn't vote for that, would they? You have guys that would otherwise be factory workers who are millionaires because they can play hockey. It's a risk they willingly take. Just like football.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
looking at the standings, no one wants to claim the 7th and 8th spot in the West

if LA had more ballzzz, winning 8 of 10 would stun a lot of teams and they'd most likely be sitting in 8th

Even if they were a .500 team , they'd only be a few points out. Just shows how bad the drop off past the division leaders is.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Man, 2 more trades today. A second by Ottawa too. A bunch of bottom feeders getting active. Weal, Graves, Goloubef, Carey, Klimchuk, Gagne. Why hasn't Carter been dealt today? What's Blake doing?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
But Toffoli has a greater upside. He is young, and has consistently scored 20-30 goals a season. I could see teams taking a chance on him.

my response was obviously a bit tongue-in-cheek since Toffoli would obviously get more. But they are the same age and Toffoli's upside may be a thing of the past. How much better do hockey players generally get after 26-27?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Jeez, another trade, with Blake just sitting there.

Seriously though, might've been able to get Koekkoek for Fantenberg. Although Rutta is right handed.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Have your hat off, pockets empty, and phone out with the ticket app open or you will be tazed and zip tied on the spot.
bit late on this but the last game i went to, they almost let me in with the couple in front of me without even checking my ticket

"you're with them?"
"what? no"
"oh"

i mean i'm 30, i don't look it but i also don't exactly look like a teenager.. wasn't even like, close to them either. bizarre.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Murray has to be on the hot seat after 10 straight losses.
Jeez they're still on that losing streak? Just watched the highlights today, both goalies were awful. Looked like they were in warmups with neither guy even trying.

Good to see Pittsburgh put up 7 goals in 2 periods against the Ducks. Could be a fun one tomorrow.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Haha, the Pens against Phaneuf and Forbort.

giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Food for thought...Weal has 9 points in 28 games; Toffoli 16 in 45. Weal on pace for 15 points in 45 games and went for a 6th. Just sayin....

Food for thought, just sayin:

Pearson has had 6 goals and 4 assists since joining the Penguins in 27 games, his normal career pace. Shooting percentage at 10.

It's almost as if sane people don't evaluate players on their worst stretches on terrible teams and instead believe in their upside.

There, it's my last time saying it, since I'm talking to a brick wall that believes 30 games is career-value-defining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad