Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Whoa just looked at the standings and there's such a huge difference between 3rd and 4th in the Pacific. Anaheim is 8 points ahead of us. They better get back to winning.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Socal hockey is littered with them...Carter, Brown, Phaneuf, Thompson, Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Eaves, and even Moulson

Quite a bunch of them are Mike Richards levels of bad. At least Brown bounced back last season and is still productive this season.

Parise and Staal were close to getting there but they’ve recovered as well.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Quite a bunch of them are Mike Richards levels of bad. At least Brown bounced back last season and is still productive this season.

Parise and Staal were close to getting there but they’ve recovered as well.

Staggering the sum of money they make for being as bad as they are...something needs to change with these retirement contracts!!

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Food for thought, just sayin:

It's almost as if sane people don't evaluate players on their worst stretches on terrible teams and instead believe in their upside.

There, it's my last time saying it, since I'm talking to a brick wall that believes 30 games is career-value-defining.
If I remember correctly, we were supposed to be looking at the Ducks as a team that was trending in the right direction when being compared to the Kings.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Gaudreau - 47g, 120pts
Monahan - 44g, 99pts
Tkachuk - 40g, 94pts
Lindholm - 37g, 92pts
Giordano - 16g, 84pts

Calgary once had 6 guys score between 83 and 106 pts...in 87-88.

Burns - 16g, 91pts
Meier - 32g, 74pts
Couture - 28g, 73pts
Karlsson - 5g, 73pts
Hertl - 29g, 70pts
Pavelski - 45g, 68pts
Kane - 28g, 59pts

The Sharks are a Kopitar kind of team. Nobody is too great, but everybody is good.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Cogliano for Shore. Cogs will be 32 in June, 3 years at $3.25m. Shore, 25 in July, 2 years, $2.3m. Shore's career average is 11g, 32pts.

Kind of a weird trade. Dallas is up by 3 points on Anaheim. They might be playing for the same playoff spot, unless the Stars can get 3rd in the Central.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Cogliano for Shore. Cogs will be 32 in June, 3 years at $3.25m. Shore, 25 in July, 2 years, $2.3m. Shore's career average is 11g, 32pts.

Kind of a weird trade. Dallas is up by 3 points on Anaheim. They might be playing for the same playoff spot, unless the Stars can get 3rd in the Central.

Two explanations...one, this is a classic change of scenery trade similar to the Pearson trade. Two, Ducks management sees this as a transition year to get younger and shed some salary. They aren't going to make a playoff push. In that case, Silfverberg will be traded by the TDL and there could be other movement as well.

I know I'll hear from the usual suspects, but the Cogliano and Pearson trades perfectly illustrate what will be the return for Toffoli if he is traded this year. He will get a player or pick in return based upon his performance this year...not 2016.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Two explanations...one, this is a classic change of scenery trade similar to the Pearson trade. Two, Ducks management sees this as a transition year to get younger and shed some salary. They aren't going to make a playoff push. In that case, Silfverberg will be traded by the TDL and there could be other movement as well.

I know I'll hear from the usual suspects, but the Cogliano and Pearson trades perfectly illustrate what will be the return for Toffoli if he is traded this year. He will get a player or pick in return based upon his performance this year...not 2016.

You're god damn right you will, because no, they don't at all illustrate that.

Andrew Cogliano's best years are worse than Toffoli's worst, and over the last few years, he's simply a 29-34 point player. That's worse than even Pearson, never mind Toffoli being 150% of that production even on a bad year. Toffoli scored 24 goals and 47 points in 2018, it's nothing to do with 2016. Do your homework, Mr. "reality."

Cogliano is a dime a dozen above-average checker available at all times of the year. Toffoli is a sniper. Apples to oranges, but you continue to shoot your shots despite readily available comps.

Reactions: TruKingFan

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You're god damn right you will, because no, they don't at all illustrate that.

Andrew Cogliano's best years are worse than Toffoli's worst, and over the last few years, he's simply a 29-34 point player. That's worse than even Pearson, never mind Toffoli being 150% of that production even on a bad year. Toffoli scored 24 goals and 47 points in 2018, it's nothing to do with 2016. Do your homework, Mr. "reality."

Cogliano is a dime a dozen above-average checker available at all times of the year. Toffoli is a sniper. Apples to oranges, but you continue to shoot your shots despite readily available comps.

You are so precious. Looking forward to the TDL...one of us will be very wrong.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
b73JM8T.png

2Vgg2Mz.png

comparing the Ducks and the Kings, not a whole lot difference in performance between the two of them. But man that Kesler contract is ugly. 6.875 million for the 3 years after this season. Next 2 seasons with an NMC and last year is a modified NTC. We can complain about our contracts, but that is the prime example of a bad contract.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You are so precious. Looking forward to the TDL...one of us will be very wrong.

I mean, plenty of people disagree with me and that's fine, but I'm 99% sure "Andrew Cogliano >= Tyler Toffoli" is a steaming hot take that you're about the only owner of.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Trade Toffoli to the Ducks for Kase. :nod::sarcasm:

I like his game. He is developing nicely for them. If not for that concussion to start the season causing him to miss some time, he would have been a 25 goal guy this year for them.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Trade Toffoli to the Ducks for Kase. :nod::sarcasm:

I like his game. He is developing nicely for them. If not for that concussion to start the season causing him to miss some time, he would have been a 25 goal guy this year for them.
Only player I would deal with Anaheim is Carter or Dion. Carter because of the report that he may retire if he is moved outside of LA area, and Dion to saddle the Ducks with his shitty contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->