Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I mean, plenty of people disagree with me and that's fine, but I'm 99% sure "Andrew Cogliano >= Tyler Toffoli" is a steaming hot take that you're about the only owner of.

Except I said nothing of the sort. I said that’s Toffoli would return a similar player or draft pick based on HIS performance this year. In fact, I’ll give you my prediction: 1. A player around his age (24-28) who has less than 10 goals right now or 2. A 2nd round pick or 3. A 3rd round pick and a B level prospect. I’ll stand by those possibilities. What are you thinking?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Screenshot_20190114-122529_Twitter.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Except I said nothing of the sort. I said that’s Toffoli would return a similar player or draft pick based on HIS performance this year. In fact, I’ll give you my prediction: 1. A player around his age (24-28) who has less than 10 goals right now or 2. A 2nd round pick or 3. A 3rd round pick and a B level prospect. I’ll stand by those possibilities. What are you thinking?

No, but in terms of value, that's exactly what you said.

I've given you my list time after time, and I think a 1st (since it will be late) and a b prospect or a really good prospect and 2-3-4thish pick

Reactions: crassbonanza

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
battle lines are drawn then...

I really don't think we're that far apart. The biggest difference is I don't agree he would just be flipped for a similarly-struggling player. And I think he's going to draw a higher pick, but also partially because I think he goes to a contender, so a '1st' isn't a top-10 pick we're talking about, it's practically a 2nd. Maybe a conditional pick?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I really don't think we're that far apart. The biggest difference is I don't agree he would just be flipped for a similarly-struggling player. And I think he's going to draw a higher pick, but also partially because I think he goes to a contender, so a '1st' isn't a top-10 pick we're talking about, it's practically a 2nd. Maybe a conditional pick?

Perhaps you are right. But the 2nd I had in mind would be a late one (55-62 most likely). I don't think he gets even a late 1st since there are so many RW that are available and are better options than Toffoli. I tend to agree that he isn't going to be a "change of scenery" type trade (but who knows). My most likely outcome is that he stays and Kings hope he rebounds next year. Can't trade the entire team in the course of 2-3 months after all.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I could see a wide range of deals involving toffoli. Could see him getting a first and prospect, could also see him not moved at all and anywhere in between. If all that is being offered at the deadline is a 2nd he should be held onto till the draft or next deadline.

Reactions: Reaper45

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Curious to see what the return on Silverberg is, if/when he's dealt.

His numbers and Toffoli's are actually in the same ballpark, with Silverberg having the edge in assists but Toffoli is a year and half younger. Silverberg is also a UFA.
So not exactly a perfect comparison, but kind of close.

Toffoli 4/24/92
421 gms 115goals 123assists

Silverberg 10/13/1990
412gms 114goals 209assists

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Curious to see what the return on Silverberg is, if/when he's dealt.

His numbers and Toffoli's are actually in the same ballpark, with Silverberg having the edge in assists but Toffoli is a year and half younger. Silverberg is also a UFA.
So not exactly a perfect comparison, but kind of close.

Toffoli 4/24/92
421 gms 115goals 123assists

Silverberg 10/13/1990
412gms 114goals 209assists

Silfverberg has been in 86 more scoring plays in 9 fewer games.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why do I get the sinking feeling the ducks are gonna out-tank us? Kinda like running up from behind and snatching the division on the last day of the year, but in reverse.

The Kings would have to go 4-0, while the Ducks get 0 wins for another 4 games, to make it an even 15 in a row, to catch the Ducks as soon as possible. If the Kings play at their current pace for the season, it would take them about 9 or 10 games to get those 8 points. That would give the Ducks that much more time to win. Any OT point by the Ducks makes it a little more difficult to catch the Kings.

The Kings are on the road for 3 games this week, then sneak a home game in before essentially a full 2 week break. After the break, they go on a 6 game road trip on the east coast. That's probably going to be a decent amount of losing. Even when they were good, they could be very rusty. Now that they don't/have no reason to care, what will they look like on Feb 2nd? The Ducks will really, really, really have to suck. Even with 7 and 11 game losing streaks, the Ducks are still 8 points up in the standings.

Reactions: Bandit

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Why do I get the sinking feeling the ducks are gonna out-tank us? Kinda like running up from behind and snatching the division on the last day of the year, but in reverse.

The real kick in the nuts is they actually got a younger comparable player for their under performing vet. The Kings got an older mediocre vet for an under performing young player.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Good article in The Athletic about Elias Petersson. 14 years ago the Kings hit on a player like this and it was the single biggest factor in the success the team had years later. The Kings need to find a franchise changing player in the next few drafts, much like Kopi was in 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad