Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
How the hell are we not the worst team in the league. Blues, Flyers, Sens are one point behind us. Are they really that bad my goodness. From the games we've all witnessed this season I can't imagine any team worst then us. LOL.

Flyers are embarrassing, lack of leadership has finally caught up to them. Too many players stealing a paycheck. GM and Coach both get fired and team plays worse. So tired of the same hockey clichés thrown out post game 'moving out feet' 'pucks to the net'. 'not playing our game' 'compete level'
We suck would cover it and save the network a lot of time.
And they dragged poor Carter Hart into this mess. He needs to go back to the AHL . Kids' been great, and extremely mature, post game interviews impressive.
I couldn't believe how bad they were last night vs the Blues, getting shut out, pathetic.
And tonight they get Ovie and the Caps. ...
Fletcher needs to be using speed dial...

Reactions: crassbonanza

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Flyers are embarrassing, lack of leadership has finally caught up to them. Too many players stealing a paycheck. GM and Coach both get fired and team plays worse. So tired of the same hockey clichés thrown out post game 'moving out feet' 'pucks to the net'. 'not playing our game' 'compete level'
We suck would cover it and save the network a lot of time.
And they dragged poor Carter Hart into this mess. He needs to go back to the AHL . Kids' been great, and extremely mature, post game interviews impressive.
I couldn't believe how bad they were last night vs the Blues, getting shut out, pathetic.
And tonight they get Ovie and the Caps. ...
Fletcher needs to be using speed dial...

abparry87

Jun 11, 2010
Australia
Not sure where to ask this as I’m a red wings fan from Australia but am current here in LA for our honeymoon. Staying down in Santa Monica for a week and am seeing the kings and Ottawa game Thursday, just wondering the best way to staples centre from Santa Monica is? Is the metro quite safe to and back from the staples centre before and after the game?

Reactions: crassbonanza

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Not sure where to ask this as I’m a red wings fan from Australia but am current here in LA for our honeymoon. Staying down in Santa Monica for a week and am seeing the kings and Ottawa game Thursday, just wondering the best way to staples centre from Santa Monica is? Is the metro quite safe to and back from the staples centre before and after the game?
Yup, the metro is fine. You shouldn't have any problems, just be sure to check the last train times to make sure you don't miss it. It's been a while since I've taken the metro to a game but I seem to remember that the last train during the week was a tight fit to make for a 7:30pm start time.

Reactions: abparry87

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Flyers started their 7th goalie of the season tonight (Mike McKenna). Congrats Philly.

What a shit show and they are just past the half way point of the season with game 43 tonight.

They should see what Pete Peeters and Bob Froese are up to.

Reactions: YP44

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Flyer are going to wreck Hart letting him play these games. If they want a future with him, its not putting him out there [except tonight] and losing game after game.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Hard to say who did more long term damage to their franchises.

Hextall from 2014 to 2018
Dean from 2014-2017
Chiarelli from 2015 to present

Dean and Chia both have SC on their resume but it’s hard to imagine either being in demand with their preferred style of play.

Hexy should never be in charge of any team ever again.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Anyone see the Pens game and the goal that counted ? It was the exact same play that got waved off when Brown touched Jones last week.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Dean from 2014-2017

Well, one has 2 cups for his effort in chasing a 3rd. The other two have nothing, especially the Oilers.

Reactions: YP44

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

Dean from 2014-2017

Dean and Chia both have SC on their resume but it’s hard to imagine either being in demand with their preferred style of play.

Hextall did a fine job restocking the pipeline and Fletcher has a lot of assets to work with now. Hexy's problem was not knowing when to go with it, but I don't think the Flyers will have any long term issues at all. In fact, the reason he failed as a GM is the same reason he didn't do long term damage to the franchise.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Stop the presses - Lucic scored a goal last night. #2 on the season.

He has this year PLUS 4 more at $6M/yr! A special thanks continues to go out to Chia for outbidding us for Milan.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Dean from 2014-2017

What? Hextall was good for the flyers. They were a dumpster fire before he got there, now at least they have a solid foundation of pics.

Easiest answer is Chiarelli. If he never made a trade they would have Eberle, Barzal and Hall. Dude cannot help himself

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava

It's obviously the word obviously that gets overused most, obviously. I've always thought that the word obviously must, obviously, be part of some kind of an official media kit distributed to the players by the league, obviously, letting them know that this was, obviously, the word to be used most frequently in interviews out of all words available in the English language. This equally applies to NHL coaches, obviously. I suppose the league instructs the players and coaches that if they say the word obviously twice in every sentence, this obviously makes them come across not as clichéd but as non-confrontational, pleasant to talk to, and always willing to agree with the media covering the sport, even when they do not, obviously.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
NBCSN really loves making excuses [especially tonight] for the Hawks and refuse to admit they're no better than the teams below them. 6 points out of the wildcard, 3 points out of last place. They've also played 4 more games than anyone else too.

Reactions: LAKings88

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Is there an anti-color movement? These would've looked so much better with some color added, but why do that when you can go with a boring look?

Its all monochromatic colors man...maybe you need a refresher course?

15137383.jpg

abparry87

Jun 11, 2010
Australia
Yup, the metro is fine. You shouldn't have any problems, just be sure to check the last train times to make sure you don't miss it. It's been a while since I've taken the metro to a game but I seem to remember that the last train during the week was a tight fit to make for a 7:30pm start time.

I have the tickets through vividseats which is using flash seats which I have never used. I have the flash seat app with a mobile id, am I right to head straight through the gates or do I need to see someone before hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad