Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Ducks suck.

ConstantTimelyGavial-max-1mb.gif

What an ass backwards game to their usual script, though. Outshooting the lights out of an opponent, down 4-0, Gibson looking vulnerable.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I know he's hated on here, but Tkachuk is awesome. So is Brady. The latter got blindsided without the puck the other night and had his gloves off almost before he got back off the ice and went after the guy.

Matthew immediately engaged Dumba in a fight less than a minute into the first game against Minnesota after Dumba injured Backlund. A Flames player also instigated a fight against Dumba after that hit even at the risk of suspension. Strange how good teams seem to not take any **** but bad teams allow their teammates to get injured with no reaction. Can't be any correlation there, right?

Anyways, Matthew might be a ***** at times but he'd be the toughest guy on the Kings roster after Clifford and 100 times more valuable. In this era of the NHL, the Tkachuk boys are a godsend. We would all love Matthew if he was a King.

Tkachuk cherry picks his fights and tend to go after guys who aren't fighters. He also hides behind the refs like when Forbort tried to pound him. Remember when he wanted to go with Muzzin, and Muzzin was like...wtf are you doing man? :laugh:
He's one stupid play away from a long suspension.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
But NBC guys say they still have a shot at a playoff spot, and they're not a bad team. :laugh:

Minnesota has the last spot by points%, and are on pace for 88 points. That's not good. It would take a ridiculous run by the Hawks or Kings to get 88 points this year, but that last spot could be available for whoever wants it. There might not be anything impressive in the lower half of the West.

Detroit has 8 regulation wins this year, which is 4 fewer than the Kings.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
How the hell are we not the worst team in the league. Blues, Flyers, Sens are one point behind us. Are they really that bad my goodness. From the games we've all witnessed this season I can't imagine any team worst then us. LOL.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
How the hell are we not the worst team in the league. Blues, Flyers, Sens are one point behind us. Are they really that bad my goodness. From the games we've all witnessed this season I can't imagine any team worst then us. LOL.

As bad as the Kings are offensively, that's how bad Ottawa, Philly, and Chicago are defensively. The Flyers are 1-6 in OT. Devils are 1-5. The Blues have played fewer games than everyone. The Coyotes can't score. The Ducks, in terms of GF and GA, are nearly identical to the Kings. 5 teams are worse than the Kings on the PP. Plenty of crap around the league, and still no run of big team altering trades. If the Kings had the deadline market cornered, that would be great, but they don't. Still a buyers market out there.

Reactions: BringTheReign

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

We were the worst team the first 25 games, now... not as much. All those other teams weren't until now. The Kings are 6-3-1, Blues are 5-5, while the Flyers are 1-8-1, Sens-3-5-2 over the last 10. It would not surprise me one bit if the Kings finish out of the bottom 5 teams. And people will be livid that they didn't tank the final 40 games.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
When i heard McDavid got buried into the boards by Lindholm , then I saw it, I was like that was nothing. Yet once again a hit on McDavid is blown way out of proportion, just like how Sportsnet said Carter nailed him with a two handed crosscheck last night.

I agree that is has been exaggerated but I also think it for sure should have been a penalty. Calls get missed all the time but the ref was looking right at the play.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They also cut the clip conveniently so you don't see McDavid cutting into Lindholm's path to interfere and brace for the hit.

Sort of like several of the Carter hit ones were cut so the puck was gone already and it looked like Connor was just skating up ice and got hit randomly when in fact he got rid of the puck hardly fractions of a second before

Reactions: deaderhead28

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Dougie Hamilton on the trade block again, his lack of 'commitment' among other issues. Boston, Calgary and now Carolina. He needs to grow up. Talented guy, get your head together.

definitely shocking how many times he has been moved already. Especially as he lead the league in goals by a d-man last year. Everything i hear here in Calgary was not that he was not committed but more than he is just an odd dude who doesn't fit in in NHL locker rooms.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dougie Hamilton on the trade block again, his lack of 'commitment' among other issues. Boston, Calgary and now Carolina. He needs to grow up. Talented guy, get your head together.
Hamilton might be an interesting reclamation project. Carolina probably needs a LH shot defenseman. Muzzin for Hamilton straight up? Hamilton is only 25 years old.

This would be a high-risk move on Blake's part, but it fits the "reload" model he is trying to sell us. The Kings could easily lose this trade if Hamilton can't anchor a 2nd pairing.

Hamilton sounds like he might be an idiot though, so if Blake does his homework and decides that's the case, Pasadena.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Ferland apparently also available. That trade has worked out well, early returns not looking too hot for the ‘Canes. Jeebus.

They better hope Fox can turn into something.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
definitely shocking how many times he has been moved already. Especially as he lead the league in goals by a d-man last year. Everything i hear here in Calgary was not that he was not committed but more than he is just an odd dude who doesn't fit in in NHL locker rooms.

That would be 'other issues'.

And that's where he needs to change. You have a shot at a good NHL career, and it's not fun changing zip codes every year.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Ferland apparently also available. That trade has worked out well, early returns not looking too hot for the ‘Canes. Jeebus.

They better hope Fox can turn into something.

That was a win for the Flames. Lindblom has been terrific and Hanafin is a stud. I thought Hamilton would learn after 2 trades to grow up. Thought the Canes would be a good fit for him....

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That was a win for the Flames. Lindblom has been terrific and Hanafin is a stud. I thought Hamilton would learn after 2 trades to grow up. Thought the Canes would be a good fit for him....

Yep, Lindholm has meshed perfectly with JG and Monahan to form one of the best lines in hockey.

Hanifin has really come on the last little bit as well. I had thought at the time that Carolina kicked him to the curb too early.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I didn't even realize Hamilton was in Carolina. Shows you how much I care about the NHL this season since the Kings are so awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad