Around the League 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I know he's hated on here, but Tkachuk is awesome. So is Brady. The latter got blindsided without the puck the other night and had his gloves off almost before he got back off the ice and went after the guy.

Matthew immediately engaged Dumba in a fight less than a minute into the first game against Minnesota after Dumba injured Backlund. A Flames player also instigated a fight against Dumba after that hit even at the risk of suspension. Strange how good teams seem to not take any shit but bad teams allow their teammates to get injured with no reaction. Can't be any correlation there, right?

Anyways, Matthew might be a bitch at times but he'd be the toughest guy on the Kings roster after Clifford and 100 times more valuable. In this era of the NHL, the Tkachuk boys are a godsend. We would all love Matthew if he was a King.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Strange how good teams seem to not take any **** but bad teams allow their teammates to get injured with no reaction. Can't be any correlation there, right?
well we did react, someone joked around with karlsson after he took wagner out

kill em with kindness?

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I know he's hated on here, but Tkachuk is awesome. So is Brady. The latter got blindsided without the puck the other night and had his gloves off almost before he got back off the ice and went after the guy.

Matthew immediately engaged Dumba in a fight less than a minute into the first game against Minnesota after Dumba injured Backlund. A Flames player also instigated a fight against Dumba after that hit even at the risk of suspension. Strange how good teams seem to not take any **** but bad teams allow their teammates to get injured with no reaction. Can't be any correlation there, right?

Anyways, Matthew might be a ***** at times but he'd be the toughest guy on the Kings roster after Clifford and 100 times more valuable. In this era of the NHL, the Tkachuk boys are a godsend. We would all love Matthew if he was a King.

I mostly agree with you about Tkachuk, but I can't stand when he dives. He also is a bit of a spot picker when it comes to fights.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

Matthew immediately engaged Dumba in a fight less than a minute into the first game against Minnesota after Dumba injured Backlund. A Flames player also instigated a fight against Dumba after that hit even at the risk of suspension. Strange how good teams seem to not take any **** but bad teams allow their teammates to get injured with no reaction. Can't be any correlation there, right?

Anyways, Matthew might be a ***** at times but he'd be the toughest guy on the Kings roster after Clifford and 100 times more valuable. In this era of the NHL, the Tkachuk boys are a godsend. We would all love Matthew if he was a King.

Fully agreed. Both Tkachuks are players you love on your team and hate on other teams. There are star players who even in their prime I would not want as a king (Perry) because they are such weasels (Perry), the Tkachuks are not any of them (I f***ing hate Perry)

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
matthew's too far down the rat line for me to want him

spearing from the bench is about as bitch-made as it gets. i'm not gonna sing his praises for dropping the gloves with a fighter once when he's dodged them so many times before, all the while diving and only taking on non-fighters. someone else can have him

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Corey Perry always looks like he just farted and he's waiting for someone else to smell it.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Can't find it on YT, unfortunately, but was going to post Keith Tkachuk spearing Probert. Only difference was Tkachuk was on the ice and Probert was on the bench.

Keith was labeled as a spot picker by many back then. Now, he'd be considered a Top 5 fighter or something.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Yeah, pretty much the only King with any kind of grit is Wagner, surprisingly. I’d love for the Kings to be chippy and mean. That’s when we were at our best: forecheck hard (not like these flyby stick taps we use today), hit heavy (what’s a hit these days?), and play shutdown defense (lol defense). It’s not like we’ve sacrificed defense for offense - we’re worse offensively now than ever before.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Flyers could tie NHL record by using seventh goalie this season

Flyers could tie NHL record by using seventh goalie this season

If Mike McKenna, who was claimed on waivers from the Vancouver Canucks on Friday, gets into the game, Philadelphia would match something previously done by the 1989-90 Quebec Nordiques, the 2002-03 St. Louis Blues and the 2007-08 Los Angeles Kings.

:naughty:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, pretty much the only King with any kind of grit is Wagner, surprisingly. I’d love for the Kings to be chippy and mean. That’s when we were at our best: forecheck hard (not like these flyby stick taps we use today), hit heavy (what’s a hit these days?), and play shutdown defense (lol defense). It’s not like we’ve sacrificed defense for offense - we’re worse offensively now than ever before.

When the Kings were good, and good defensively, they did interfere at the blueline a lot. Doughty did it. Muzzin did it all the time. Greene did it. Regehr would do it. Mitchell probably did it. That was always one of the complaints by opposing fans on how the Kings were boring, and played boring hockey. Like Devils fans back in the 90's trap days, we don't care how boring the Kings are if they're winning. Lombardi did not build a fast defense, so when they were able to slow the opponent down, they did better. Since the league has increasingly cracked down on that interference, the Kings haven't been as good defensively, even in the years when they didn't give up a ton of goals.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Was gonna say, we have to be on that list...

cloutier, ersberg, bernier, fukufuji, taylor, quick... who am i missing? aubin maybe?

edit: labarbera, not fukufuji! that was the year before

edit 2: how the f*** are we worse than that nightmare of a team holy god

frolov - kopitar - brown
osullivan - cammalleri - moulson
nagy - handzus - calder
willsie - armstrong - ivanans
thornton, giuliano, boyle, purcell, ellis, zeiler, tukonen, gauthier

visnovsky - blake
johnson - stuart
preissing - modry
dallman, harrold, klemm

labarbera
aubin
ersberg
cloutier
bernier
quick
taylor

HOW ARE WE WORSE THAN THIS TEAM

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
frolov - kopitar - brown
nagy - handzus - calder

cloutier

:laugh:

HOW IN THE HELL DID DL SIGN THEM TO MULTI-YEAR CONTRACTS!?

Reactions: kilowatt

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
When the Kings were good, and good defensively, they did interfere at the blueline a lot. Doughty did it. Muzzin did it all the time. Greene did it. Regehr would do it. Mitchell probably did it. That was always one of the complaints by opposing fans on how the Kings were boring, and played boring hockey. Like Devils fans back in the 90's trap days, we don't care how boring the Kings are if they're winning. Lombardi did not build a fast defense, so when they were able to slow the opponent down, they did better. Since the league has increasingly cracked down on that interference, the Kings haven't been as good defensively, even in the years when they didn't give up a ton of goals.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
You do know we gave up the least amount of goals last year, and if you were at Vegas Saturday you could see they play that same trap now when they setup up after a line change , almost impossible to penatrate especially when you can can't connect two passes in a row. BK is right we would love Matthew on or team or Brady or hell even Keith they definitely have balls in a ball less era, putting up with some bitch antics now and then isn't popular but this figure skating with sticks is more like that stuff in the Olympics I think they call it Flag waving , but as these doctors and coaches are more exposed it looks like another excuse to put little girls in bathing suits to dance in front of them , our favorite sport is like the NFL , fantasy video games that have outlawed hitting to promote it better for the casual fan , I guess it is what will happen when long time fans pass on since this was a niche sport for those of us who enjoyed it but not enough around to fill up 31-32 buildings

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
cloutier, ersberg, bernier, fukufuji, taylor, quick... who am i missing? aubin maybe?

edit: labarbera, not fukufuji! that was the year before

edit 2: how the **** are we worse than that nightmare of a team holy god

frolov - kopitar - brown
nagy - handzus - calder

visnovsky - blake
johnson - stuart
preissing - modry
dallman, harrold, klemm

labarbera
aubin
ersberg
cloutier
bernier
quick
taylor

They at least had a couple guys that could score.

Kopitar, 32-45-77
Frolov, 23-44-67
Brown, 33-27-60
O'Sullivan, 22-31-53
Cammalleri, 19-28-47

This year's projections as of today include:

Kopitar, 18-36-54
Brown, 25-27-52
Iafallo, 18-23-41
Kovalchuk, 16-23-39
Carter, 14-22-36
Toffoli, 12-18-30
Luff, 17-7-24
Kempe, 10-14-24

They're giving up fewer goals per game than back then, but scoring .5 fewer goals.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
You do know we gave up the least amount of goals last year, and if you were at Vegas Saturday you could see they play that same trap now when they setup up after a line change , almost impossible to penatrate especially when you can can't connect two passes in a row. BK is right we would love Matthew on or team or Brady or hell even Keith they definitely have balls in a ball less era, putting up with some ***** antics now and then isn't popular but this figure skating with sticks is more like that stuff in the Olympics I think they call it Flag waving , but as these doctors and coaches are more exposed it looks like another excuse to put little girls in bathing suits to dance in front of them , our favorite sport is like the NFL , fantasy video games that have outlawed hitting to promote it better for the casual fan , I guess it is what will happen when long time fans pass on since this was a niche sport for those of us who enjoyed it but not enough around to fill up 31-32 buildings

You started out okay, but lost me around the time you started complaining that doctors are ruining the sport. Concussions, head trauma, and lifelong injuries are no joke. We all love big hits, but it’s clear that players don’t want to do that too much anymore, and probably for good reason.

Players are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever before and equipment gets more protective every year. That leads to bigger collisions and more injuries. Hockey’s a dangerous sport, but minimizing damage as much as possible isn’t a bad thing.

Sorry.

Reactions: Bandit

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Ducks suck.

ConstantTimelyGavial-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad