Around The League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
George McPhee is potentially screwing over Vegas in the long run. Schmidt, Theodore, Karlsson, and Tuch should not be getting the terms and money they’ve been given. It’s all based off of one year of overperformance. Combine that with poor asset management to get Tatar and subsequently Pacioretty and things could get really ugly there down the line.

Karllson is currently a tick below a ppg. And Theodore was a very good prospect prior to last year.

Given how much mud was slung at Vegas last year, and then how they way outperformed expectations, let alone criticisms, I'm not going to criticize them for locking up good looking young players.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Granted McPhee hasn’t won a Cup but he did put together the nucleus of the Caps and got Vegas to wildly exceed expectations last year, in general I’d give him the benefit of the doubt till proven otherwise and yes I know Forsberg and Tatar were horrible trades but still.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Given they went to the cup finals I think the mocking was justified.

with an expansion team you should be thinking long term not a short term gain. i'm didn't say to sell off everything either

also just because a team makes it to the finals it doesnt mean they shouldve been there or will be back there anytime soon

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
with an expansion team you should be thinking long term not a short term gain. i'm didn't say to sell off everything either

also just because a team makes it to the finals it doesnt mean they shouldve been there or will be back there anytime soon
All these guys they are signing are young. And they had a 5 picks in the first 2 rounds 2 drafts ago. And I believe they have a bunch of picks moving fwd. They are set up quite nicely for the long term.

And they did go to the finals last year, whether they should have is immaterial. Whether they will again remains to be seen.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Vegas couldn't think long-term anymore because they weren't going to finish low in the standings. Plus they got the worst possible draft pick in 2017. If they got Hischier or Patrick and were on the playoff bubble, selling might've made sense.

They're making bets on some of last year's stars. I hate the Tuch contract but the Schmidt one seems fine.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Eh, I don't like the guy but think this is excessive and inconsistent. Par for with this league though I suppose.

I think the league suspended him as a repeat offender more so than for this specific hit. I like that they are cleaning up the game at least a bit. There’s plenty of space to hit people within the rules. No need to let them get away with extra.

Reactions: Darkauron

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Eh, I don't like the guy but think this is excessive and inconsistent. Par for with this league though I suppose.

If it was any player other than Wilson, who has been suspended now 4 times in a little over a year, I might agree. But it's gotten to the point where he's not going to knock his dangerous shit off unless you throw a big suspension at him. It may not be in line with what any other player would get, but he's long since lost the benefit of the doubt.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Who?

I bet most people don't even remember when he was commissioner. It wasn't even called commissioner yet when he was in charge.
I remember him being on vacation and refusing to have a hearing during the doughnut incident... but I'll not speak ill of the dead. RIP.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Who?

I bet most people don't even remember when he was commissioner. It wasn't even called commissioner yet when he was in charge.

well played.

i still have a pete rozelle era football……not game or anything like that but nice leather with the enscribed signature.

its so worn its as smooth as glass when pumped up

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
well played.

i still have a pete rozelle era football……not game or anything like that but nice leather with the enscribed signature.

its so worn its as smooth as glass when pumped up
What year is that from? He was around for like 30 years. Which Bettman's tenure is coming up on pretty soon.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What year is that from? He was around for like 30 years. Which Bettman's tenure is coming up on pretty soon.

i think ended up owning it in the early/mid 90's…i wasnt the original 'owner', cant remember exactly how it came to be mine from whomever ……..its still a sweet ball to toss around though.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad