Around The League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
as for the people talking about rick dipetro. i liked him as a goalie i dunno about the #1 pick but factor out the injuries and i think he would've been pretty productive. i'm someone that doesn't blame a player for getting injured all the time. i dont think some players are more injury prone then others. i think its just luck of the draw honestly

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd he would've had to be nuts not to sign that type of long term deal. with nhl contracts being guaranteed he set himself up for life

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Speaking of average goalies drafted #1 overall, DiPietro was a REALLY bad pick at first overall. I know injuries killed him, but I remember thinking he was badly overrated back in 2005-2008, before his career really just fell apart completely due to injury.

I used to catch **** for saying Lundqvist was better than DiPietro back in 2005-2008. He also played 20 games as a 19 year old rookie though.

There was so much hype around this goalie when he was drafted. One day I will dig up the hockey reference issue I have from either 2000 or 2001 (it might even be from 2003 or 2004?) that said he was the best goalie to enter the league since Martin Brodeur did a decade prior.
I'm really going to take issue with this. He was very good, and the fact that the injury that destroyed his career was suffered in the ASG Skills Competition speaks to that. If he never gets injured and had remained at that level his contract would've been a bargain. And for how everyone laughs at that contract I am fairly confident in saying the most awful and catastrophic decision in Islanders history was when those type of deals were still legal not giving one to Captain Pajamas.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Jonathan Quick out at least 3-6 weeks with a torn meniscus. We'll see if former top prospect Jack Campbell takes the ball and runs with it. Personally wouldn't be shocked if the Kings put in a claim for Curtis McElhinney or Calvin Pickard if they hit the waiver wire.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

I liked the old 'Nucks jerseys.

I think it may stem from them reminding me of an old Priest album cover
DAK5e4C.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think that there's a lot of players that people talk about and say ''Well they should be in the HOF'' and if we put a lot of these players in, the HOF wouldn't be as elite as it is.

I don't think Mogilny is one of them, I think he should be in the HOF. I DEFINITELY think he should be in the HOF, no questions asked. I don't really know why he's not in the HOF. Even if he didn't make it in his first year or eligibility, he should have made it by now.

Reactions: sabremike

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Not sure how many will agree with this, but after watching a few TBL games I think its safe to say Brayden Point is just as good, if not better, than Steven Stamkos as of now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There are already Kovalchuk value threads popping up on the trade board.

Far, far, faaar too rich for my blood :)
He probably could have brought back something good this year.... if he were only on a one year deal.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
kovalbooty gtfo

lol no substance

10 points in 12 games is pretty solid, and it's more than I thought he would do. Of course, let's see how he fares as the NHL season drags on...

My point was more to the fact that he's looking to win and signed in a place where he thought that would happen. 10+ games in, and they're aaaaaasssssssssssssss :laugh:

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
10 points in 12 games is pretty solid, and it's more than I thought he would do. Of course, let's see how he fares as the NHL season drags on...

My point was more to the fact that he's looking to win and signed in a place where he thought that would happen. 10+ games in, and they're aaaaaasssssssssssssss :laugh:

allow me to place into perspective that he can score 45 goals and 80 points this season and he's still kovalsuck in my book.

it's akin to claiming your rival "sucks" regardless of their success. it's unconditional hatred.

example: boston just won their fourth title in 15 seasons, but boston *still* sucks. (not even getting into the idiot fan who literally broke the trophy :biglaugh:)

f*** kovalchuk, he sucks.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
although there's something supremely hilarious about los angeles bitching when he signed in new jersey, they beat us in a cup final anyway, they finally get kovalchuk six years later, and now they're a terrible team. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad