Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Canes coming up big in 2nd. Up 5-2 on Van. Wild beats Colorado in Reg. Still getting help from out of town scoreboard. Would be nice if Oilers could help themselves coming back from the break. #loweredexpectations

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Visually, this isn't a very impressive look.

8ee17c2a-a7b6-4908-8992-340a10934324.png

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
you almost think still being in the race and getting your GM fired would but some fire under the Oilers butts....doubt it though.

Reactions: snipes

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Anaheim rocking a -33 in goal differential and only two points out sitting in a wildcard spot. I realize the math says 1 point, but since they'd have a lower winning percentage due to more games played, they need 2 points to be in. With that kind of a differential, they should be near the bottom of the league.

In general, that's a lot of red in the goal differential dept from the wildcard teams down.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Their little team meeting did nothing so yep I agree, the GM being fired will do nothing either.

7 teams vying for the right to get hammered by Winnipeg or Calgary. Personally I would rather the embarrassment of missing the playoffs (again) and trust our chances to a lottery pick than the embarrassment of losing to Calgary 4 straight in the playoffs. Losing to Winnipeg I could take and Winnipeg is the team I will be cheering for to win the cup this year once the Oilers are officially eliminated 10 days before the end of the regular season. Losing to Calgary, especially in what would probably be 4 blowout losses? Id rather jump out of a plane without a parachute or swim across a hippo infested river.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
7 teams vying for the right to get hammered by Winnipeg or Calgary. Personally I would rather the embarrassment of missing the playoffs (again) and trust our chances to a lottery pick than the embarrassment of losing to Calgary 4 straight in the playoffs. Losing to Winnipeg I could take and Winnipeg is the team I will be cheering for to win the cup this year once the Oilers are officially eliminated 10 days before the end of the regular season. Losing to Calgary, especially in what would probably be 4 blowout losses? Id rather jump out of a plane without a parachute or swim across a hippo infested river.

I don't see Calgary going far in the playoffs and still think they're regular season paper tigers. Personally, I'm tired of cheering for a non-playoff team. I'd be ecstatic if they made the playoffs, even if they did get swept. They wouldn't be the first team to get swept and wouldn't be the last...plus they play Calgary pretty tough and they'd give them a run for their money I think. If Calgary survives the first round, Vegas will eat them up in about 5 games in the 2nd round (I'm confident Vegas will take out San Jose). Looking back from the 2014 playoffs on (full 82 game seasons), the top team from each conference has made it the third round three times. They usually get wiped out in the 2nd round-that's where I see Calgary bowing out...it's almost a curse to be a top seeded team lol.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Watching the All Star media event. Barzal was asked who the worst dressed player was on the Islanders. He didn't pause to think: "Jordan Eberle" :laugh:.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
McDavid's entire interview at the all-star stuff today was about the Oilers and grilling him on the management change, digging for locker room issues, etc...

And sounds like most of the line of questioning was being kept alive by Oilers media guys. heard Rishaug's voice multiple times. Way to let the kid have a break guys.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This season has been so f***y since October I won't be surprised if the Oilers get in the playoffs.

North

Jun 25, 2009
McDavid's entire interview at the all-star stuff today was about the Oilers and grilling him on the management change, digging for locker room issues, etc...

And sounds like most of the line of questioning was being kept alive by Oilers media guys. heard Rishaug's voice multiple times. Way to let the kid have a break guys.

The media can be so f***ing irritating sometimes.

They know what he’s there for, let him enjoy the weekend for f***’s sake.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Sorry - dont know where to put this. I just got a warning for a post. Is this normal can anyone tell me? The post and my response is below. Is it because i asked 'Are you daft?" Seems ridiculous.
And also does anyone know why i cant tespond to the guy who sent the warning?

Apprecoate any feedback. Thanks

But is his influence because of how he does his job, or simply what that job is in the first place. A guy who is on National TV on the most popular show in the country every week is going to hold a lot of influence if he is opinionated, whether he is objectively good at his job or not. A guy who is on National broadcasts on a regular basis for a sport that is the 4th or 5th most popular in his country is not, even if he's outstanding at his job. Using things like "influence" or "popularity" as feathers in his cap doesn't hold any weight to me.

Are you daft? A guy who is on national tv on the most populat show? How the hell do you think that show got to be that way? And maybe I missed it but has anyone mentioned his radio hits with McFarlane? Longest running program in history. GTFO with this nonsensical bs. There is no debate.

Please do not make posts of this nature on our site. Your account may be limited until your warning points expire. Please follow all site rules when posting in the future. Thank you, HF Staff

North

Jun 25, 2009
Muzzin for what is sort of two 1sts.....and the Toronto echo-chamber is on board.

They need d and they didn’t lose anyone of their current roster. They’re elated but I have a feeling LA is elated too.

That’s quite a haul for Muzzin.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Even if it was a bad trade for Muzzin, you'd never hear it from the Toronto media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad