Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The mirage that this team is a playoff bubble team just because of other teams' futility.

Not sure what's more pathetic ... the Oilers this year, or the "best of the rest" in the West this year.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Holy crap, Trotz

Head-2-Headislanders-D-1024x576.png

How the Islanders Defense Went From Worst to First in One Year - The Point Data-driven storytelling that gets right to the point.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Is that with the same personnel?

Pretty much I think. I think the point of this was to try to go against the argument that they are only better because of goaltending. It's clearly much more.

From idiot Snow (i know, he fleeced Chia multiple times, but he still was an idiot) and free wheel no defense Weight coaching, to Lucky Lou and Trotz. Quite the change of results in an instant.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Is that with the same personnel?
They are without de Haan this season.

Same group mainly with Leddy, Boychuck, Mayfield, Hickey, Pulock, Pelech who were there last season. Mayfield/Pulock/Pelech getting more time now with de Haan gone.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I mean it’s impressive but those are still some pretty obscure stats.

Completed slot passes against? Rush chances against?

That's how the goals are scored in hockey I guess. Shots from the slot, shots off the rush. Analytics groups out there are tracking this stuff in every game now and generate data sets for all teams and players and their individual involvements.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
the Hitch effect

Honestly might be a Klefbom effect. Guy may be right next to McDavid for impact on this team because of how weak we are at moving the puck without him.

Also, Chaisson is the new Caggiula with McDavid. Guy has been tanking McDavid's possession numbers for almost a month now (I think he's just brutal defensively and causes a lot of extra time in our end with weak plays) and Hitch is ignoring it. So I guess that's also a Hitch effect.

It's nuts. Chaisson+McDavid, we get less than 40% of the shot share and 34% of high danger chances. That might be worse than Caggiula+McDavid. Why are they still playing together and why did Rattie or anyone else not get another fair shot there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Well some keys wins tonight could really help our tank.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
And Montreal blows it in the last three minutes.

NVM, bettman challenge erases it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad