Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Pretty unbearable to have both of the teams I care about dumpster diving. Guess I'll be bandwagoning the Jets (meh) come playoffs again. I can only tolerate them because I have family from Winnipeg.

Hopefully the Hawks can do a re-tool of sorts. I think it's definitely possible for them to shed some bad cap the next couple of years.

Yeah, on the brightside they have some good young talent in DeBrincat, Strome, Jokiharju and Boqvist with another high pick this year. On the downside they have 33 year old Seabrook signed another 5 years and 35 year old Keith signed another 4 years, taking up almost $12.5M of the cap. Will be interesting to see what they're gonna do moving forward.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ottawa might be the only team in the league more mismanaged than the Oilers and even then I could see them turning it around quicker than the Oilers.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, on the brightside they have some good young talent in DeBrincat, Strome, Jokiharju and Boqvist with another high pick this year. On the downside they have 33 year old Seabrook signed another 5 years and 35 year old Keith signed another 4 years, taking up almost $12.5M of the cap. Will be interesting to see what they're gonna do moving forward.

I'm pretty stoked about the young guys they have coming up through the pipe, but they definitely should be moving one of Seabrook or Keith out in the next year or two (easier said than done). Someone should be willing to take one, just depends what the Hawks are willing to give up for that to happen. Maybe one will develop a mystery rash like Hossa. :sarcasm:

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Canucks lost EP for lengthy periods of time and still managed to stay afloat.

Can you imagine if the Oilers lost McDavid for any length of time?

lol, that's the hilarious part. If McDavid had missed like 15-20 games as Petterson has the Oilers would likely be right down next to the LA Kings. Instead the Canucks are above us. Good job Chia.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just checked and Toronto losing to Az 2-1 :DD

I am sure they will ask the army to come in and assist if they lose tonight as it will be a national emergency. The only shitty thing is the Leafs media machine isn't overhyping Marner and Nostrils into oblivion and it would be nice to see their agents ask for $15 M each due in large part to the Toronto based national sports media overhyping the shit out of those 2.

I wonder if Tavares has soiled those jammies of his yet worrying that the Leafs actually might fall out of playoff contention if the Sabres or Canes get hot again.

Reactions: TB12

OilersfaninTO

Nov 25, 2018

I predict a couple of super convenient, career ending and yet not affecting their day-to-day life ailments in the last 2-3 years of those deals. And the NHL won’t have any problem with it.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Some relevant games tomorrow. Next two for Edmonton are must win I guess.

122f80ba-f70e-4da9-8aa9-a747d85d1ff8.png

North

Jun 25, 2009
Matthews with the generational give away ending up in an empty net goal for Arizona. Subconsciously wants to play for them so he helped them win (my story and I'm sticking to it).

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Matthews with the generational give away ending up in an empty net goal for Arizona. Subconsciously wants to play for them so he helped them win (my story and I'm sticking to it).

When he sees the number 16 and 6 zeros at the back end of it from Arizona this summer, he is outta there!

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
lol, that's the hilarious part. If McDavid had missed like 15-20 games as Petterson has the Oilers would likely be right down next to the LA Kings. Instead the Canucks are above us. Good job Chia.
Pettersson missed 5 games and not 20.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Toews at 10.5 has generally been the larger issue for them. And while that is a decent amount of cap, you can also look at the fact that those two d-men were drastically underpaid for most of their career. Keith is a two time Norris and will never have had a cap hit larger than 6mil.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Toews at 10.5 has generally been the larger issue for them. And while that is a decent amount of cap, you can also look at the fact that those two d-men were drastically underpaid for most of their career. Keith is a two time Norris and will never have had a cap hit larger than 6mil.

Also the Hawks have been caught how the league changed and in how players get paid. The game sped up and it used to be the 3rd contract stars got paid. Now its the 2nd. Oilers caught up in much of the same with Lucic, Sekera deals and speed.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Some relevant games tomorrow. Next two for Edmonton are must win I guess.

122f80ba-f70e-4da9-8aa9-a747d85d1ff8.png

Go Avs, Blues, Wild, and Sharks.

f*** any franchise that's trying to crawl into a playoff spot with the minimum amount of points like a charity case so the dummy owner can have a few bucks of playoff revenue and pretend everything is ok.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
What's going on with the leafs. All I heard was his they were close to a mid 80s Oilers offensive wise. Modern day juggernaut.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What's going on with the leafs. All I heard was his they were close to a mid 80s Oilers offensive wise. Modern day juggernaut.

tumblr_p2oexm9nMw1x15nh1o1_400.gif

Every man for himself culture has arrived. Thank the hockey gods for good player agents.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Blues are gonna pass the Oilers today. There's a chance the only teams below the Oilers after Tuesday night are Chicago and LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad