Dec 30, 2007
Nuge Lindolm
McDavid vs. Gaudreau
Draisaitl Monahan
Lucic Neal

I know which one I would want

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Funny how the two Alberta teams are mirror opposites of each other from two seasons ago. The Oilers were challenging for a division crown and Calgary was the bubble team fighting it out to the end.

The West is such a log jam with the teams from WC1 to 3rd last in the conference (St. Louis) all separated by five points.

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
For tomorrow, I wonder if they put Prout in? They dressed Peluso last game to attempt to handle Lucic and Kassian. They are definitely worse with goons in, so I hope so.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the Oilers win tomorrow and get some help on the OOT scoreboard they could jump up to 6th in the West.

ANA @ NJD
LAK @ COL
WPG @ DAL
CBJ @ MIN

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If the Oilers win tomorrow and get some help on the OOT scoreboard they could jump up to 6th in the West.

ANA @ NJD
LAK @ COL
WPG @ DAL
CBJ @ MIN

Now that the Oilers are starting to get out of their slump, you can bet every other team will also get hot at the same time.

Reactions: Mez

Cory Gray

Oct 9, 2018
Nuge Lindolm
McDavid vs. Gaudreau
Draisaitl Monahan
Lucic Neal

I know which one I would want

So.... when Eric Francis was comparing salaries.... what difference would it have made if he swapped RNH for Lucic... he wasn’t comparing output but just salaries, and Lucic and RNH get paid the same.

Also... this proves his point... this has nothing to do with those players list above and their quality of play but Chia who tends to overpay them. (And the McDavid effect - which gets them paid more - Draisaitl)

Add in $/points and the Calgary players are better. Excluding McDavid, because he not only gets points but improves everyone around him to such an extend that it’s really not fair to compare or just count the points he gets in his total... Calgary’s players are better. Pick any three of the Calgary players listed and add in McDavid - you are talking about a team that is beating Tampa Bay right now - defense aside.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Now that the Oilers are starting to get out of their slump, you can bet every other team will also get hot at the same time.
Yep incoming 20 game win streak for vancouver and Anaheim.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Crazy how weak the West has been so far this year.

9th place in the East is on pace for 101 points.
8th place in the West is on pace for 85.

Hurricanes would be tied for a playoff spot in the West. 9 points out in the East they're season is all but over at this point.

Cory Gray

Oct 9, 2018

Hurricanes would be tied for a playoff spot in the West. 9 points out in the East they're season is all but over at this point.

This is good... because the Oilers might just get in with a little run here. But if we do get in... Chia still needs go.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
And that is why I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's game. The Flames can flatten us if they want to.
What an absurd comment lol The flames do want to flatten us because they always get up to playing us. The problem is they have not flattened us in a long time. Sure they won one game against us this year when we had a lead and should of won the game But whenever we play them we have good games. You think the flames are world beaters now because they are having a good regular season? lol Wait till they get in the playoffs and choke again lol Seriously the Flames do not scare the Oilers in any way. you are blinded by their very good regular season and not how well we match up when we play them. Don't watch the game if you think the flames will flatten us lol

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

Doo't think you can go by points half way through a year between two totally seperate conferences and say which is weakerr. Maybe the east teams are weak and thats where the east are getting their points. Unless you break down who played who in the first half of the season you have no clue which is the stronger conference.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
This is good... because the Oilers might just get in with a little run here. But if we do get in... Chia still needs go.
Sounds like he's safe if the Oilers make it.

I'm not convinced Nicholson has the balls to fire Chiarelli anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad