Around the League 2018-19 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Oh man, that sucks. I'll have to look for a replay on it. Think there'll be a call from the DoPS?

I don't think there will be. While the throw down was dirty, I don't think they'll find it suspension worthy.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't think there will be. While the throw down was dirty, I don't think they'll find it suspension worthy.

Petterson, you could argue, was in a vulnerable position being off balance and was in no way to protect and/or brace himself. As I said to the other poster, I think there'll be a suspension coming. A couple of games at least.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Petterson, you could argue, was in a vulnerable position being off balance and was in no way to protect and/or brace himself. As I said to the other poster, I think there'll be a suspension coming. A couple of games at least.

I'm not saying I don't want one, I do, it's just with the wheel of justice the NHL has, who knows.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm not saying I don't want one, I do, it's just with the wheel of justice the NHL has, who knows.

Isn't that the truth. Hopefully player safety sees it like we do and feels there's enough there to support one on Matheson.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Oh there will be a suspension. But the PA will appeal it down to a jay walking ticket, and he'll be playing next game

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Habs almost beat the Pens, sens winning, Canucks. WTF i thought these were the s**t teams?!!
They look much better than we do.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If I was a Canucks fan I would be livid, total open season on their kids, Boeser last year, now Petterson. There needs to be a response from the team otherwise other squads are going to go hard at their kids.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Oh there will be a suspension. But the PA will appeal it down to a jay walking ticket, and he'll be playing next game

The PA pisses me off with this stuff. Rather than worrying about the members who get injured they work to reduce the punishment of the people who do these shitty things.

Reactions: TB12 and Belieber

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
If I was a Canucks fan I would be livid, total open season on their kids, Boeser last year, now Petterson. There needs to be a response from the team otherwise other squads are going to go hard at their kids.

We have this guy... from Vancouver and he can protect all the kids for the next 5 years for just 6 million per year. If there was ever a time. Chia better be on the phone with Benning.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
The PA pisses me off with this stuff. Rather than worrying about the members who get injured they work to reduce the punishment of the people who do these ****ty things.

Yup
They're very quick to defend the infraction or the player on the offensive side, but do nothing for the receiving player.
I was also referring to the Watson case. I find it ludicrous.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yup
They're very quick to defend the infraction or the player on the offensive side, but do nothing for the receiving player.
I was also referring to the Watson case. I find it ludicrous.

I don't always agree with Brian Burke but he was absolutely right about the decision to appeal Watson's length of suspension. It was a horrible decision to do so.

Reactions: RegDunlop

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Debrincat out there dominating for Chicago.
Love me Tyler Benson but it stings seeing him do so well. Wouldve been a perfect winger for McDavid for years and years. Good for him.

North

Jun 25, 2009
We have this guy... from Vancouver and he can protect all the kids for the next 5 years for just 6 million per year. If there was ever a time. Chia better be on the phone with Benning.

I don't get why they thought Roussel would seek retribution. Isn't he more of a pest who plays on the edge rather than an enforcer?

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I don't always agree with Brian Burke but he was absolutely right about the decision to appeal Watson's length of suspension. It was a horrible decision to do so.

Agree
It was also very stupid for the optics of the league, team and player.
I mean what are the Preds going to do now? Good luck in the PR department if they play him mid Nov when suspension is over.
An absolutely stupid move.

Last edited:

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I don't get why they thought Roussel would seek retribution. Isn't he more of a pest who plays on the edge rather than an enforcer?

He's a guy that needs protection and back up himself. Plus he's coming off an offseason concussion himself so he probably shouldn't be fighting this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad