Around the League 2018-19 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Arent all contracts prorated anyways? so it doesnt matter when he signs.

That’s what I thought. That his cap hit and salary for this season would be prorated. And every year after would just be what the contract is for.

But they’re saying his cap hit this season would be higher the longer he holds out and lower for each subsequent season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoGjna-W0AAzXxh.jpg:large

Saw this on the Mains with regards to Nylander’s potential contract. Leafs fans saying that the longer he holds out this season the lower his cap hit will be in the upcoming seasons. Any of our cap smart people like @Fourier able to give insight.
I really can't see how longer holdout = lower cap hit. It will all come down to how willing either side is to budge, and if either side is willing to go with a 1 or 2 year deal if they can't make a longterm deal work.

Edit: Oh i see what you meant in your follow up post. I'm about 99% sure that is not the case. This season would be prorated and the following years would be at the agreed upon rate.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoGjna-W0AAzXxh.jpg:large

Saw this on the Mains with regards to Nylander’s potential contract. Leafs fans saying that the longer he holds out this season the lower his cap hit will be in the upcoming seasons. Any of our cap smart people like @Fourier able to give insight.
It will be lower. Same thing happened with Hampus Lindholm and the Ducks a couple seasons ago. He signed about a month into the season for $31.5M over six years (which would be $5.25M AAV under normal circumstances). The first season his cap hit was $5,713,415. The remaining five years it is $5,205,556.

Hampus Lindholm - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It will be lower. Same thing happened with Hampus Lindholm and the Ducks a couple seasons ago. He signed about a month into the season for $31.5M over six years (which would be $5.25M AAV under normal circumstances). The first season his cap hit was $5,713,415. The remaining five years it is $5,205,556.

Interesting, but pretty much negligible difference. In that case Nylander should stay firm on his 8M ask because he can say "look you'll be getting a better cap hit because I lost money by holding out".

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Seems really weird. But thanks for that!

Reactions: Del Preston

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Leafs fans = most insecure losers on the planet
The fan base are provoked by the media, who perpetuate the nonsense.
any other team, and TSN and Sportsnet panel would say "Calm it down a bit, a small sample size, let's give it 20 games before we annoint them as contenders"
but being that the Maple Leafs have had a hot 5 game start..."OMG!!! We have the nexxt Gretzky and Orr, better than Connor and ripping the league apart"
somehow perspective gets thrown out the window.
Fans feed off the BS that is fed to them.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
With Boston pantsing Detroit and bare-bum spanking them, I wonder if Blashill has moved ahead of McLellan in the first coach to get fired race. 0-3-2 now.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I love Don Cherry

KindlyNeedyDuck-small.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The score doesn't reflect the game.
Things will balance out, in the course of a season.
Possession metrics are pretty equal. Scoring chances are slightly in Toronto's favor too. They are out shooting and ourscoring them too. Only thing Washington has more of is hits. If that's being clowned then we must if clowned New York today too

Reactions: RegDunlop

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Possession metrics are pretty equal. Scoring chances are slightly in Toronto's favor too. They are out shooting and ourscoring them too. Only thing Washington has more of is hits. If that's being clowned then we must if clowned New York today too[/QUOTE]

yet you *****ed about the performance of the Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->