Around the League 2018-19 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
As much as I hate Leafs fans, their offence sure is living up to the hype so far... Matthews with 7goals 10pts in 4 games and Tavares with 6 goals in 4 games. Jesus.

Laodongxi

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
As much as I hate Leafs fans, their offence sure is living up to the hype so far... Matthews with 7goals 10pts in 4 games and Tavares with 6 goals in 4 games. Jesus.

I get the feeling reading certain Main Board threads about this phenomena that a "Is McDavid Overrated" or "Is McDavid the Most Overrated Player in the League" thread is imminent.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Yet they are in the bottom 5 in goals against. Hmmmmmm. How many games will they win if they can't keep the puck out of their net?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yet they are in the bottom 5 in goals against. Hmmmmmm. How many games will they win if they can't keep the puck out of their net?

A lot?

They have 6 out of 8 possible points. They had 105 points last year.

Take a wild guess which of the top two scoring Oiler teams post 1988-89 season are. I'll give you a hint, the two highest scoring Oiler teams since then were both in the Stanley Cup Finals.

The whole "offence is dirty and must be secondary to defence!" stuff is nonsense.

You can win playing offence first, you just better be damn sure your offence can back up the hype.

Reactions: L13 and RegDunlop

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A lot?

They have 6 out of 8 possible points. They had 105 points last year.

Take a wild guess which of the top two scoring Oiler teams post 1988-89 season are. I'll give you a hint, the two highest scoring Oiler teams since then were both in the Stanley Cup Finals.

The whole "offence is dirty and must be secondary to defence!" stuff is nonsense.

You can win playing offence first, you just better be damn sure your offence can back up the hype.

It is extremely hard to win playing offense first. Only Pittsburgh has won a cup doing so in the last 10, 20, ??? Years.

Even making the post season is difficult and more than a few teams that do get swept.

It's getting better for those types of teams but I don't think it will ever be a good idea to build your team that way again. Especially since players generally get paid by points and in a cap world that is unsustainable.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If Ottawa reaches 10 wins before the Oilers, there better be some heads on spears outside of Rogers on full display.

*Not literally though, that'd be gross.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Telus' free preview of NHL Centre Ice was supposed to end last night but it's still working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad