Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
bruins deserved the win. B's at home sucked all night except for Swayman
Why did Toronto not deserve it? They played a well executed game. It is astounding what happens when a team has a goalie that is capable of making a save isn’t it.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
HF Boards proves we are :laugh:

This guy is probably an Edmonton fan, I can name 3 players on Edmonton off the top of my head, I can’t remember what the series score is, I’m lucky to even know they are playing the kings.

I just don’t care about the oilers

But this guy probably can name 15 maple leafs, their stats for the year, what line they play on and their salaries

He’s a leafs fan

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It seems that the TML can actually play good hockey when they are not trying to inflate AM's goal numbers ;)

Strangle

May 4, 2009
It seems that the TML can actually play good hockey when they are not trying to inflate AM's goal numbers ;)

Bruins are so dumb for playing Marchand and pasta and their goalies in game 82

What were they thinking? Selfish players and stupid coach

Everyone knows you need to rest the last couple games of the season and these fools were out there trying to win the division. Idiots

• Haha
Reactions: 93gilmour93

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Brad Marchand
wjgu2k (1).gif

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Someone mentioned that the Bruins did a emergency recall for a goalie this morning. Anyone know what that's all about?

Reactions: Summer Rose

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
This guy is probably an Edmonton fan, I can name 3 players on Edmonton off the top of my head, I can’t remember what the series score is, I’m lucky to even know they are playing the kings.

I just don’t care about the oilers

But this guy probably can name 15 maple leafs, their stats for the year, what line they play on and their salaries

He’s a leafs fan
ya sam pollock was a EDM GM

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
If Marchand stopped acting like a donkey out there the ref wouldn't try to stop him and the best part is Marchand went full dive mode not realizing it was the ref. He's such a clown :laugh:

Marchand has been incredible this series. Toronto's fans and coach crying is why the official panicked and gave matching roughing.

Imagine thinking Marchand has been anything but controlled in this series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Marchand has been incredible this series. Toronto's fans and coach crying is why the official panicked and gave matching roughings.
i can understand being upset about Toronto getting a powerplay from that scrum, but defending Marchand when that was literally his first penalty taken all series, after getting away with multiple borderline tripping hits is a bit silly.

Last edited:

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Better team is a tricky term to use, because a goalie is part of the team.

Had more possession? More shots?
You're right. "Better team" is tricky. It's more the eye test, watching the game.

Game 3 was a coin flip but I don't think it's a stretch the say the Leafs could have won that game with a bounce or two. Maybe even a PP goal.

Example: Had Boston won in OT last night, I am sure 80% of people would have said they didn't "deserve" it, if that makes sense.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I just don't understand why Montgomery would tweak the lines from what has been working and put back in players (Gryz) that have been terrible.
It's bizarre. He also had Beecher, who has been very good and is solid at the dot, out of the lineup. Needed to have his best players out there for an elimination game. Montgomery got cute last year with a big series lead. He overthinks things in the postseason it seems.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Hopefully Matthews returns for game 6, it would be great if the PP would get going too.

I'm interested to see if Boston goes back to Swayman for game 6 or does Ullmark get a turn?

A conversation I don't think anyone in Toronto wants to have right now involves whether or not you actually want Matthews to return for game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad