Around the League 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Anyone else hear Babcock saying that he expected a couple of bigger forwards on the roster that would be better suited for playoffs? Doesn't bode well for Petan going forward...

Between what you're mentioning, alongside the "lack of depth" comment that started the whole Babcock-Dubas rift drama in the media, and then Petan scores in his first game and Babcock says this regarding Ennis coming out for Petan:
“He didn’t deserve to be out of the lineup. It was just one of those decisions. He’s going back in next game and we’ll go from there.”

I kind of get the impression that it wasn't even Babcock's decision to insert Petan into the lineup. Maybe not a rift between them, but Dubas and Babcock are clearly on different pages.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Those are easily the most craziest playoffs I have experienced since following the NHL actively. I really wonder if there is one person in the hockey world who's playoff-bracket is still intact.

And oh boy... is it fun to read the Leafs "season is over" thread :laugh:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
People can complain about the penalty all they want but their PK was absolute trash. How many times does that even happen in a season around the whole league? They blew it. Up 3 games to 1. Up 3-0 late. Blown.

I read somewhere that they are just the 4th team in the history of the league to give up 4 goals on a 5 minute major and the only one to do so in the playoffs.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Those are easily the most craziest playoffs I have experienced since following the NHL actively. I really wonder if there is one person in the hockey world who's playoff-bracket is still intact.

And oh boy... is it fun to read the Leafs "season is over" thread :laugh:

The NHL did a do-over on their online brackets because only one person had a chance at getting it 100% correct after the Pens and Bolts got swept. And that guy had the Avs advancing in 7 games instead of 6 so after that happened they had to do a do-over. They've never had to do a do over on their online bracket challenge.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It might have been a bad call in the sense that it maybe shouldn't have been 5 minutes, but the refs have been reffing by severity of outcome forever.

The two exact same hits to a player will result in two different outcomes depending upon the amount of distress the player being hit appears to have received. The refs felt they had to give 5 minutes because of the result, not because of the action.

Regardless, Vegas should be embarrassed by letting in 4 goals on a 5 minute penalty. Hell, if it had been the Jets , the Jets would have been lucky to get 4 shots on a 5 minute man advantage.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
The playoffs are completely fine for me now:
  1. Jumbo gets his Cup
  2. Blues break the drought
  3. Stars meh but whatever
  4. Colorado meh but whatever
  5. Washington does it again
  6. Carolina goes from bottom to top
  7. Islanders finish the first season post JT with a cup
  8. Jackets win it all
  9. Bruins meh

3/9 outcomes would be lame, that's not too bad

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
That was one of the worst major calls I've ever seen. Eakin more pushed him than cross-checked him and it ended with a horrible result that was mostly just bad luck.

Pathetic penalty killing though.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
That's what you get Stastny because you didn't sign with the Jets , you and the Jets would still be in the playoffs AND the Jets would still have their 1st round pick this year , bastard . ;)
LOL. I was ranting on about the same thing when SJ scored but I included Stone too.:thumbu:

Reactions: Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Whatever one thinks of that call, they still blew a 3-1 series lead and gave up 4 goals on that PP. They have had just about everything handed to them and have employed shitty tactics with player acquisitions and pre-game antics to throw opposing teams off. No sympathy at all, they got what was coming to them.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Woke up this morning, and heard that Vegas is out of the playoffs.

yesvirginia-there-is-a-santa-claus.jpg

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Just woke up. I NEED TO WATCH THAT GAME! This will be must-watch, had a dozen texts about how crazy that 3rd was.

ps - glad to see Vegas lose. They can't get handed everything.
Last night they were handed the worst call I've seen in a very long time...but yeah, it looks good on them. Their "official" welcome to the NHL:sarcasm:

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA vegas. **** YOU!

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
The Babcock honeymoon in TO is pretty much over. That was fast.
Did you see him throw Frederick Anderson under the bus during his post game presser? Lots of speculation that Babcock will be fired this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad