Around the League 2018-19 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Those teams had an opportunity for free this week, but decided against it.

Yup. But look at who they have and then look at who else cleared waivers this week. It is the same thing every year. Teams are busy trying to cut down. They aren't particularly interested in adding at this time. Look at some of the Dmen who we passed on.

There is a groupthink among coaches and GM's, just like there is here. I don't think anyone is going to give Petan much of a chance now. He has burnt his last bridge. He will collect his NHL salary for the next 2 years and then go elsewhere. Maybe he will win the KHL scoring title some day and people will wonder why he never made it in the NHL. The answer will be a combination of coaching and his attitude/work ethic.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Rumour up on the Sens board that the Kraft Family might be or already has bought the Sens. Interesting to see what comes of that.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Move to Hartford or QC?

I'd imagine if Robert Kraft is behind buying the Sens then he is likely looking to try and get his hands on that Labreton Flats deal. There is some serious money to be made there and a guy like Kraft would have a lot more clout than a guy like Melnyk. Not to mention he wouldnt meddle in the Sens affairs and would likely try and hire competent people to take care of the team for him. The Sens could definitely be a profitable team with the right ownership.

Reactions: EpicGingy

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'd imagine if Robert Kraft is behind buying the Sens then he is likely looking to try and get his hands on that Labreton Flats deal. There is some serious money to be made there and a guy like Kraft would have a lot more clout than a guy like Melnyk. Not to mention he wouldnt meddle in the Sens affairs and would likely try and hire competent people to take care of the team for him. The Sens could definitely be a profitable team with the right ownership.

Hockey has worked in Ottawa before and will work again I agree. There is no way the NHL would approve a sale for them to move when there's a perfectly good arena deal waiting to be finished by an owner who is actually a billionaire and not a totally incompetent crook.

Melnyk is a f***ing loser and not just because he's a shitty owner.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Apparantly Babs kicked him off the ice in practice as well. I've heard he just doesnt have the work ethic but that confirmed it. Talent only takes you so far.

Petan could never shake the junior out of his game.

He's buried in the A and in Babs' dog house. It is unlikely he sees any NHL action for a long time.

One would think the next stop for Nic is Europe. Not having the work ethic when you are that size is not going to cut it.

Babs also seems to be at odds with Dubas half the time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad