Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can see Karlsson wanting to come here tbh. we are on the rise. the only other team that can put together a good offer AND potentially be a playoff team is Vegas.

Leafs cant put it together, I dont care what the trade board says. NYR could but they wont be making the playoffs, and theres no way anyone wants to go the the Isles any more

I really believe he is a Devil or a Knight by week end

That’s what we said about JT. I’m a lot more used to the big fish turning us down than not. For all we know EK wants the bright lights of Broadway or Toronto, or other places he’d forego a long term extension now to sign with in FA. Winning and best team situations aren’t what motivates everyone and you could easily argue Vegas is a more attractive destination, with off ice considerations.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I offered 1st+Severson+Zacha/McLeod plus taking back Ryan and Sens fans hated it haha

realistically thats the kind of offer they gonna get. they really backed themselves into a corner, and theres only what.... 3 or 4 teams who can take on both contracts and give up decent assets

I feel like were either gonna get Karlsson, or miss him very narrowly
That seems like a decently fair offer. Maybe throw in some 2nd round picks/mid level prospects. If Ottawa is set on getting rid of Ryan it just seems like the list of teams they can move him to is so small. I guess they don’t have to move him in a Karlsson deal but they’d have to give a ton away to get someone to just eat that garbage contract.

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
That’s what we said about JT.

I never for one moment seriously believed he would come here. it was pretty much always NYI or TOR. as for Karlsson, if he wants to go to NYR so be it, they will bleed assets and actually worsen their shot at the playoffs again imo. he could go to the Leafs but man, they would be super dumb to annihilate their cap situation

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
what teams can realistically take the Ryan contract as well as pay Karlsson $11 million/year?

New Jersey
Vegas
NY Islanders (not happening)
Colorado maybe?

there aren't many

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
theres no way Karlsson agrees to go to the Isle, probably wouldnt go to the Avs either

I think Karlsson looks at Taylor Hall and sees a team that will love and appreciate him they way they did with Hall. Taylor has given us glowing reviews since being traded.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
what teams can realistically take the Ryan contract as well as pay Karlsson $11 million/year?

New Jersey
Vegas
Colorado maybe?

there aren't many

That’s only if zero contracts go back the other way. I could see teams offering up guys on one-two year deals to smooth out the immediate cap hit. Ottawa also has to keep enough salary to hit the floor.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
That’s only if zero contracts go back the other way. I could see teams offering up guys on one-two year deals to smooth out the immediate cap hit. Ottawa also has to keep enough salary to hit the floor.
Hey, don't rain on our (dream of a) parade! :)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I still think it's stupid that Ottawa is trying to tie Ryan's contract in. You're already going to lose any trade involving Karlsson, why limit the return even further?

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I still think it's stupid that Ottawa is trying to tie Ryan's contract in. You're already going to lose any trade involving Karlsson, why limit the return even further?
The inclusion of Ryan gives the devils an opening in this deal ... Not many teams can take that contract on. Without the inclusion of Ryan the Devils probably would have zero chance of acquiring EK.

Reactions: nugg

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Keep on daydreaming that Karlsson would ever come to NJ. Well sure for 1 year but to sign long-term? Keep dreaming. Im already pessimistic about Hall. This team has not attracted nor kept any top-level quality talent since Kovy. Whether Schneider is a top-level resigninh remains to be seen, other than that we havent got anyone nor kept anyone.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Keep on daydreaming that Karlsson would ever come to NJ. Well sure for 1 year but to sign long-term? Keep dreaming. Im already pessimistic about Hall. This team has not attracted nor kept any top-level quality talent since Kovy. Whether Schneider is a top-level resigninh remains to be seen, other than that we havent got anyone nor kept anyone.

Cory Schneider?
Andy Greene?
Kyle Palmieri?
Adam Henrique?
Adam Larsson?
Damon Severson?

all signed to long term deals in the past 3-4 years

Hall is not going anywhere. The people that actually worry about Hall leaving after hearing how he spoke about the team and organization 2 weeks ago are out to lunch.

Reactions: theoptimist

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well he did say top level...but it’s not like those guys are available on trees. Even when they are available sometimes they’re only available to a couple of teams (JT, Stamkos).

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Cory Schneider?
Andy Greene?
Kyle Palmieri?
Adam Henrique?
Adam Larsson?
Damon Severson?

all signed to long term deals in the past 3-4 years

Hall is not going anywhere. The people that actually worry about Hall leaving after hearing how he spoke about the team and organization 2 weeks ago are out to lunch.

Karlsson is a norris defender. Those guys you listed are decent to good, however far from top 3 of their respective position in the league.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018

New Jersey
Vegas
Colorado maybe?

there aren't many

NY Rangers

BTW I've been getting crushed on here for a few months for advocating the Devils take Ryan's contract w Karlsson. Is this now something the board wants to do? Just curious.

For record I don't believe the Devils would actually be willing to pay the money to extend Karlsson and pay Ryan's contract regardless of cap space. They won't spend for that regardless of whether its a good idea or not.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
If the Sens are going to insist on tying the Bobby Ryan contract to a Karlsson deal, I think the Devils are as good of a landing spot as any. I think we definitely have the pieces to get it done...I really don't think he's going to fetch a mammoth return after the way things have gone in Ottawa over the last few months.

Of course that also means plenty of other teams have the means as well, so I'd say the likelihood is quite low. Either way I definitely hope Ray is in the mix.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
NY Rangers

BTW I've been getting crushed on here for a few months for advocating the Devils take Ryan's contract w Karlsson. Is this now something the board wants to do? Just curious.

For record I don't believe the Devils would actually be willing to pay the money to extend Karlsson and pay Ryan's contract regardless of cap space. They won't spend for that regardless of whether its a good idea or not.
i would laugh. they're not in any mode to compete, and if gorton snagged karlsson, that'd be INSANELY stupid. their actual fans were actually HAPPY they weren't making free agent splashes. they accept they're rebuilding

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
i would laugh. they're not in any mode to compete, and if gorton snagged karlsson, that'd be INSANELY stupid. their actual fans were actually HAPPY they weren't making free agent splashes. they accept they're rebuilding

Pagnotta reported the rangers and vegas are the two teams he can confirm are talking to Ottawa about Karlsson and Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad