Around The League 2018-19 Offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So *IF* we were to eat his contract to get EK (not saying I'd do it), we'd really be eating like 3.5-4M, since we'd be getting a 4M-ish RW, which we could probably use.

Just brainstorming here... What if we were to trade for Hossa's dead contract and pick up an asset, then turn around and trade him as part of a deal to Ottawa for EK and Ryan? They don't really care about cap space as much as actual money, and Hossa would only be taking up space. In fact, they can probably use it to hit the cap floor.

At the same time, we gain EK, Ryan (a RW which we might be able to use), and whatever asset we get from the Hawks, or the asset could be used as part of the deal also.

So something like:
1. Trade a 7th for Chicago's 2nd and Hossa.
2. Trade Hossa, Severson, our 2019 1st, Chicago's 2019 2nd for EK and Ryan.

Maybe that doesn't do it but you get the idea. Acquire Hossa to get an additional asset to soften the blow of the trade to Ottawa.
I mean, I'd be okay with all of that.

If we gotta take on Bobby Ryan, we really better not have to send any more than Severson and our 2019 1st. Bobby Ryan is fine right now, but that contract is way too long and it's for way too much of a cap hit for what he's brought the entire time of it.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I mean, I'd be okay with all of that.

If we gotta take on Bobby Ryan, we really better not have to send any more than Severson and our 2019 1st. Bobby Ryan is fine right now, but that contract is way too long and it's for way too much of a cap hit for what he's brought the entire time of it.
To be honest, I'm not even that hot to trot on getting EK for what we'd pay. I'm just brainstorming how we could make it happen.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Beside frankly the JT and Long Island thing is not Lous mess. He inherited it. I know some here like to blame Lou and have fun with the “another player leaving for his home town.” But this ship sailed a while ago and it didn’t matter if Lou was there or not. This was a totally failure on the part of the Islanders ownership to not dump Snow seasons ago and get better management in there.
i think most of their fans know it. now the komarov knee jerk signing, on the other hand.....

Reactions: Classic Devil

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
What are you doing, Lou? Can someone please tell me how Leo Komarov is worth $3 million for 4 years? How do you rationalize such a deal? Just blow it up, already! Don’t make the same mistake you did the last couple years in Jersey, dude.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Islanders fans are already calling Komarov Clutterbuck 2.0 because of his contract. And that rumor about Lou and the Islanders being in on Matt Martin to take on his contract in a trade? They might be spending more on 4th liners than anybody else in the league.

And they still don't even have a goalie in their organization better than Thomas Greiss. You gotta think Lou does something with goaltending, if not just signing Lehner.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Having learned his craft in that accomplished hockey town of Toronto, Lou is embracing the tank.

But really...if those are supposed to be hockey moves, even I can't defend Lou anymore. Brutal.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
How the hell can someone not be hot to trot on getting EK? He is easily a top 3 player in the world and the best defenseman in the NHL when healthy and provides elite offense all while manning the blue line.

He put up 62 points last year while not 100% and dealing with that bullshit going on in the lockeroom.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
How the hell can someone not be hot to trot on getting EK? He is easily a top 3 player in the world and the best defenseman in the NHL when healthy and provides elite offense all while manning the blue line.

He put up 62 points last year while not 100% and dealing with that bull**** going on in the lockeroom.
I actually prefer Victor Hedman to him, but I get your point. I actually question his health right now. I think he said he never fully recovered from his ankle surgery and it may never be the same. I also think it's going to take more than what I wrote to get him, and I have a feeling it's going to take more than I'd be comfortable with to outbid the other teams.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Islanders fans are already calling Komarov Clutterbuck 2.0 because of his contract. And that rumor about Lou and the Islanders being in on Matt Martin to take on his contract in a trade? They might be spending more on 4th liners than anybody else in the league.

And they still don't even have a goalie in their organization better than Thomas Greiss. You gotta think Lou does something with goaltending, if not just signing Lehner.
People are saying that MM could very well happen but Toronto is going to have to give up an actual asset as a sweetner.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

imagine being a shit organization AND lowballing. EK is so gone lol

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Not sure why but I just got a strong feeling that Shero is gonna nab Karlsson. Didn’t think it was a remote possibility before.

Reactions: nugg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I still think it’s a long shot, he has to want to come here (no sure thing) and our offer has to beat everyone else’s or we have to be the only team he wants to go to, to make an offer Ottawa can deal with.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
With as quiet as Shero has been thus far.. I sure hope he's in the talks for Karlsson.

We could easily eat Ryan's contract too. Makes just too much sense.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Not sure why but I just got a strong feeling that Shero is gonna nab Karlsson. Didn’t think it was a remote possibility before.

I offered 1st+Severson+Zacha/McLeod plus taking back Ryan and Sens fans hated it haha

realistically thats the kind of offer they gonna get. they really backed themselves into a corner, and theres only what.... 3 or 4 teams who can take on both contracts and give up decent assets

I feel like were either gonna get Karlsson, or miss him very narrowly

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I still think it’s a long shot, he has to want to come here (no sure thing) and our offer has to beat everyone else’s or we have to be the only team he wants to go to, to make an offer Ottawa can deal with.

I can see Karlsson wanting to come here tbh. we are on the rise. the only other team that can put together a good offer AND potentially be a playoff team is Vegas.

Leafs cant put it together, I dont care what the trade board says. NYR could but they wont be making the playoffs, and theres no way anyone wants to go the the Isles any more

I really believe he is a Devil or a Knight by week end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad