In the Church of Salmela

how would you rank likelihood?

i'd put:

Sharks
Kings
Vegas
Bruins

-----

Sharks have PDB, and that top line of Kane-Pavelski-Kovy could be good. plus they have $$$$

Kings could be a threat, and he wanted to go there before. They NEED to replace dustin brown on the top line.

Vegas is appealing in terms of lifestyle and momentum

Bruins is last just because i think the others are a better fit

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
it will be the kings because they should at least be in discussion of a conference finals. its really strange that a guy that wants to "win" wouldn't take a totally small cap hit and go to a "true" contending team. none of those teams on the list are legit contenders. one of the sharks and kings wont even make it past the first round since they will probably play one another. vegas i dont think even makes the playoffs or if they do it will be as the 8th seed. boston has TB the leafs caps pens to go through. leafs i "threw" in there but still

true contenders to me

winnipeg nashville pitt washington tampa. really surprised he wouldn't go to washington with ovie there

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
it will be the kings because they should at least be in discussion of a conference finals. its really strange that a guy that wants to "win" wouldn't take a totally small cap hit and go to a "true" contending team. none of those teams on the list are legit contenders. one of the sharks and kings wont even make it past the first round since they will probably play one another. vegas i dont think even makes the playoffs or if they do it will be as the 8th seed. boston has TB the leafs caps pens to go through. leafs i "threw" in there but still

true contenders to me

winnipeg nashville pitt washington tampa. really surprised he wouldn't go to washington with ovie there
true contenders don't want old ass kovy though. pitt would be interesting though, esp if kessel goes. kovy could make it appealing if he takes less

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Why would the flyers want o’reilly? They have couturier, Giroux, Patrick at centre. I know Giroux played LW last year but damn talk about centre depth

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah we’d have to give them something stupid like Sevs, Bratt and 17

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So happy when I saw this.

Was a bit nervous the Devils were going to bring him on as an assistant, to be honest.
He might be okay as an assistant, but I don't know. The bad part would be that if he is an assistant here, it might lead to him eventually being a head coach here down the road.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He might be okay as an assistant, but I don't know. The bad part would be that if he is an assistant here, it might lead to him eventually being a head coach here down the road.

I agree that was my concern. I was just hoping they didn't go to him due to his experience or familiarity with the staff.

I think Hynes is likely looking for either an ex-player or a prominent coach to fill the last void. I could've seen Bylsma being justified as a lite version of the latter.

dzubrus8

Jun 15, 2014
17 for ROR. Do it!

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Zacha - ROR - Johansson
Coleman - Zajac - Noesen
Wood - Boyle - Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad