Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
he is saying those guys aren't on the table

apologies, misread. glad we agree though haha

someone on trade board asked who can afford to sign Karlsson long term. someone actually said the Leafs. im not THAT familiar with their cap situation, but wouldnt it become nightmaring in a year or so lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
apologies, misread. glad we agree though haha

someone on trade board asked who can afford to sign Karlsson long term. someone actually said the Leafs. im not THAT familiar with their cap situation, but wouldnt it become nightmaring in a year or so lol

not a chance

they'd have to trade Matthews or Marner or Nylander at the bear minimum

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
They'd easily match that. Someone would have to offer 14 or 15 million and that would certainly put them in a bind. Close to max salary. Can anyone see Lou doing that?

I would have new found respect for him if he did. Honestly this should be his last nhl job what would he care? Also I’m sure the islander fans would like it.

Heck I would want shero to offer sheet him for even 14

Reactions: nugg

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
2019 1st, Severson, McLeod, Chainey?

For a signed EK and no Ryan we would probably have to improve Chainey but I'd be willing to do it.

I would easily give up a 1st and McLeod OR Zacha to transform Severson into Erik Karlsson. To be able to do that for an 8 year period and not take on Ryan, I'd give up another decent prospect like JQ if needed or another pick. I wouldn't be comfortable giving up McLeod and Zacha. I also would be not be comfortable upgrading JQ to become Anderson or Smith. Do you think I am devaluing JQ?

If Ryan is coming back then would a 1st, Severson, and McLeod be enough? Guess that is relative to what a team like Vegas is willing to deal. If Vegas is desperate to get him, I don't see how we can match their offer.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I'd offer:

Karlsson + Pageau for 2019 1st + 2020 1st + Severson + Zacha

They get two firsts and a pair of good cost-controlled assets while cutting a ton of salary.

We get EK & Pageau who is a nice piece that clan flex between C/RW as needed and fits our fast attacking style.

I wonder if that would be enough.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was getting worried Karlsson had been traded before when I got a 502 message :P

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I get Vegas went to the finals but ek would have to be insane to go there willingly. The team is going to bottom out when those guys don’t have career years like they did last year.

Besides what can they offer that we can’t players wise?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm just curious... What do you think Bobby Ryan is worth right now salary-wise? How much do you think he would have gotten if he were a UFA a couple days ago?

Do you think there would be some teams that say "Well, last few years were just a glitch and he can regain his 40-50 point form"? Or "He had bad linemates" or "He may succeed with a change of scenery"?

Do you think he could have been signed at all? Like a 1 year 1 mill "prove it" contract? Maybe more?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I get Vegas went to the finals but ek would have to be insane to go there willingly. The team is going to bottom out when those guys don’t have career years like they did last year.

Besides what can they offer that we can’t players wise?
easy access to cocaine
an insane amount of all you can eat buffets
britney spears residency

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
FYI there is ZERO .... 0 chance old school Lou Lams is going to offer sheet anyone. You have a better chance of him trying to prove tempering then any kind of offer sheet going anywhere.

That GM lost his house lol stupid comment to make.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
If Tampa somehow gets Karlsson...

Hedman-Karlsson
McDonagh-Stralman
Sergachev-Coburn

Although you'd have to imagine Dorion will want Sergachev as part of the deal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Leafs fans are probably insufferable right now. I'm staying away from the main boards because of it. Let the Tavares post-signing hype die down a bit before taking a cruise over to there.

Steve Dangle's video about was BRUTAL! He was way over the top in it. Really confident in their chances, I hope they get out in round one again. Dude, the Leafs last won a cup like 20 years before you were born!

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
FYI There were Tampa fans on the trade board who said they wouldn't trade Sergachev for Karlsson straight up over the weekend

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
FYI there is ZERO .... 0 chance old school Lou Lams is going to offer sheet anyone. You have a better chance of him trying to prove tempering then any kind of offer sheet going anywhere.

That GM lost his house lol stupid comment to make.
I dunno, what makes you say that?

If, hypothetically, the Leafs made it personal by talking about Lou's age in their pitch to JT I could totally see Lou going after the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad