Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Wonder if management pushed for the extension and Chia pushed against it. Similar to Hextall not making certain moves the management wants.

Who knows, either way, good day for Oilers fans. Wonder if we’ll see Fitz get any interest.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly not that good a day. I wouldn’t trust that ownership group to hire the right replacement.

Came here to say that - I don’t trust that management group at all. They have just as much blood on their hands as Chiarelli does.

Not that I particularly mind - tickles me pink to see a Canadian franchise sucking **** and destined for mediocrity. Gotta feel for McDavid though...

Reactions: Colin226

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
best part:

Hall’s Oilers would curl up in a ball when met with this game. Larsson’s prevailed. It’s not so simple – no trade is – but GM Peter Chiarelli really nailed this one, acquiring a hard, sometimes-dirty, physical player who perfectly embodies everything the old Oilers lacked.

4-AEA34-F6-17-C7-448-C-A42-D-9-E239-B7-D2-B19.jpg

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Came here to say that - I don’t trust that management group at all. They have just as much blood on their hands as Chiarelli does.

Not that I particularly mind - tickles me pink to see a Canadian franchise sucking **** and destined for mediocrity. Gotta feel for McDavid though...

why? no one forced mcdavid to sign that insane extension btw that its paying him INSANE money! he will be just fine.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Because of his holdout, he's basically in his training camp when the rest of the team is in mid season form.

That argument works for maybe 8 games, 10 games absolute tops, but at 20 games it's not aging well. Nylander missed a training camp, he hasnt been sitting in a Turkish prison for six years.

He had 2 points in his first 10 games, and has 2 points in his last 10 games - so there's not even improvement there. The reality is the kid's playing terrible, and not scoring while playing on one of the highest scoring teams in the entire NHL. There's just no chemical polish strong enough to shine-up this turd with a "missed training camp" narrative

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
This comment from that article cracks me up

"They received Larsson and almost 2 mil in cap space that allowed them to sign Lucic as Hall's bigger, stronger, responsible, leader replacement. It is critical to manage the cap with Leon and Connors new deals coming up. Fans are too short sighted on the trade. It was a great move for now and the future."
Yeah how's that Lucic guy doing for you now?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
That argument works for maybe 8 games, 10 games absolute tops, but at 20 games it's not aging well. Nylander missed a training camp, he hasnt been sitting in a Turkish prison for six years.

He had 2 points in his first 10 games, and has 2 points in his last 10 games - so there's not even improvement there. The reality is the kid's playing terrible, and not scoring while playing on one of the highest scoring teams in the entire NHL. There's just no chemical polish strong enough to shine-up this turd with a "missed training camp" narrative

It's 20 games, relax.

The guy also came in while his team was in overdrive and now with his arrival, it kind of messed up the chemistry they built since the start of the season. He's just 22 years old and already has 2 seasons of 61 pts to his resume.

Fans are always too quick to dismiss or praise someone off of a small sample size.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

One can say Miles Wood has had the same issue after missing camp. His first 20-30 games was dogshit but he has really turned it around as of late. Nylander is uber talented, I think we will see a similar resurgence.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And short-sighted stupidity. Two utter buffoons that are now both unemployed.
McLellan has a lot of dumb quotes like this over his time with both the Oilers and many with the Sharks. If I hadn’t heard so many of them, I would think he was just saying something like this to go along with the trade.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
“A bland Swede from a team nobody watches

Again, I’ll reiterate that it tickles me pink to see a Canadian franchise swirling in the toilet.

I can’t ****ing stand smug Canadian hockey media and their insufferable fans. **** them all.

comments like this is what is hurting this franchise. yeah sure its a small mention but until the stigmata of playing in jersey wears off this franchise will won't draw any interest from UFA's. one has to wonder what ownership is doing to address this? if anything can even be done? i for one thought we would become a more attractive destination but with the team going back to being bad i'm counting on zero help this summer

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1