Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At what point does he just throw up his hands and go back to Sweden?

He's already earned enough in his career to live comfortably

He's still got what, two years left on his current deal after this? He ain't going overseas before then unless he gets bought out, not like he would make anywhere near $4 million per unless the KHL wanted to pay him.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
He's still got what, two years left on his current deal after this? He ain't going overseas before then unless he gets bought out, not like he would make anywhere near $4 million per unless the KHL wanted to pay him.
He could go home and make decent coin playing at home not on the other side of North America. I always said when they drafted him he didn’t look mentally tough and you just knew he wouldn’t put on more size

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The oilers made two huge blunders. They should’ve dealt the Hopkins pick and yakapov. That would’ve given them a ton of chips to build around hall.

I'd say their terrible drafting outside the first round (and really beyond McDavid, Hall, Draisastl, and Eberle even that's not awfully impressive) is probably their biggest problem. Seriously, go take a look at their draft record. They make Conte's last decade look brilliant by comparison.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd say their terrible drafting outside the first round (and really beyond McDavid, Hall, Draisastl, and Eberle even that's not awfully impressive) is probably their biggest problem. Seriously, go take a look at their draft record. They make Conte's last decade look brilliant by comparison.

Holy smokes you ain't kidding

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Those 10 games comprise more than one-third of his body of work with the club.

Like what is even going on in Chia's brain...

Oh my god.

Who said knee jerk reaction here? This is more knee jerk than when Garth Snow gave Greiss that contract a couple years back.

Maybe it will work, but it's a gamble. Koskinen has been a BAD goalie on the eye test this year. The save percentage is still slightly above average, but it's been dropping A LOT lately. I remember saying when he was still in the .930's and .920's that he doesn't look that good and I don't expect it to continue. And that was probably before this .877% stretch. He looks worse than Kinkaid this year on the eye test.

Maybe more pucks hit him due to his massive girth, but his glove hand is non-existent. He gets beat short side way too much and probably couldn't even make 7 out of 10 glove saves on a Mike Mottau wrister. Might be a good guy to have as a backup, but doesn't appear to be an answer.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
that might be true but he was still a bust at #4 imo
Looks pretty underwhelming for a 4th overall, until you see that TRASH Erik Gudbranson was taken 3rd overall the year before.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would flip my shit if we gave that contract to Keith with his bigger sample size.

For Mikko? Should be fired on the spot. That is money on the cap until 2022!!!!

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
Am I missing something or has Lars become worse by like a lot in a year or so, cause in my mind he'd be #1 here easily, although he is more suitable for top 4 role with PK time of course.

Reactions: mdj12784

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I would flip my **** if we gave that contract to Keith with his bigger sample size.

For Mikko? Should be fired on the spot. That is money on the cap until 2022!!!!

I was thinking the same thing - I love Keith, but I wouldn't give even him that deal, and we're a lot more familiar with him than Edmonton is with Koskinen.

Chiarelli truly is racking up fireable offenses there. You have to wonder how much longer this can go on before management concedes the inevitable. He's destroying that franchise.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Maybe we undervalue goalies compared to their current market value by a shit ton around here.

Having said that, chia is an idiot. Like he would be laughed off this board for some of the moves he pulls

How much would he sign goalie b for?

Koskinen:
14-10-1
2.78 GAA
.911 SAVE %
3 shutouts

Goalie B
13-7-6
2.5 gaa
.914 save %
3 shutouts

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Chiarelli's nearing the end; Shero needs to make some trades with Edmonton soon.

https://www.tsn.ca/video/is-chiarelli-running-out-of-time-in-in-edmonton~1591813
"Is Chiarelli running out of time in Edmonton?"

He should have, quite some time ago actually. An average HF poster could probably run a team better than PC. The hole he has dug himself in is deeper than the Marianas trench yet there's still oxygen somehow. Why has he not been fired yet? It's incredible. He's totally incompetent. And the Koskinen contract? Very risky, and likely turns out bad. Yet another "high risk - low reward" move from him.

I feel bad for Edmonton and especially McDavid. That team is far away from being a legit Cup contender even with the best player in the league leading the way. No depth, no defense, mediocre at best goaltending, shallow prospect pool... ouch. But then again, now would be the time to try and scrape whatever it is that PC would like to hand out to other teams. Go for it, Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad