Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Question.....................why is it a goal can't be reviewed to judge if a ref blew the whistle before the puck goes into the net?

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Question.....................why is it a goal can't be reviewed to judge if a ref blew the whistle before the puck goes into the net?
Because the ruling is the play is dead. One could argue that a goalie let's the shot go if he heard a whistle, etc. The play is simply blown dead.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Because the ruling is the play is dead. One could argue that a goalie let's the shot go if he heard a whistle, etc. The play is simply blown dead.
To me, the whistle should have no relevance.

I mean... Is the play dead when the whistle blows, or is the play dead the moment the ref decides it's dead, even if he hasn't blown the whistle yet? What if someone comes in offsides and scores before the whistle's blown? Is it a goal?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hmm... Wonder who this could be:

Philly maybe? Hope it's not us.

I doubt it'd be a NY area team, dont see why he wouldnt want to live around here

Unless he is so convoluted to think he he has played well enough to be traded to a team who will compete for a Cup this year

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
William Nylander has 4 points in 20 games on a high-scoring offense.

Five more years at a $7M hit, the kid better start playing.

William Nylander Stats and News

Because of his holdout, he's basically in his training camp when the rest of the team is in mid season form.

The kid has a boat load of talent and will bounce back sooner rather then later. If we can find a way to acquire his services, since the Leafs are looking to add a RHD, I'd jump all over that opportunity.

I think it would be a great deal for both sides. I don't see the Leafs resigning Jake Gardiner and a player like Severson can fill that role to perfection, would cost less then what Gardiner will demand on the open market and they would save close to 2.8M$ in cap space as well. The fact that Kasperi Kapanen was doing a fantastic job on their top line before Nylander bumped him is another reason why I think Dubas should consider moving him for help on the blueline.

We would get a legit top #6 RW'er alongside Palmieri and at the same time, would entice someone like Duchene if ever we're looking to add a legit #2 center via free agency. Yes, our blueline would still look shaky but we can't cover all our weaknesses in a single offseason. If Ray decides to be aggressive, we're in a prime spot to land a top #10 pick and that might be a solid trading chip for an up and coming or proven blueliner on a team that is looking to shed some salary.

With that said, I think Shero will be very active this summer and possibly at the deadline as well. Going into next year with roughly the same roster isn't an option IMO if we're looking to resign our main asset.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hmm... Wonder who this could be:

Philly maybe? Hope it's not us.

Part of a “larger deal” with a “non-playoff team”... think of sellers that could also use a goalie.

I’d say us, but I don’t think he’d block a trade here. He loved playing in New York.

Ottawa? I could see the Oilers liking Dzingel.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Because of his holdout, he's basically in his training camp when the rest of the team is in mid season form.

The kid has a boat load of talent and will bounce back sooner rather then later. If we can find a way to acquire his services, since the Leafs are looking to add a RHD, I'd jump all over that opportunity.

I think it would be a great deal for both sides. I don't see the Leafs resigning Jake Gardiner and a player like Severson can fill that role to perfection, would cost less then what Gardiner will demand on the open market and they would save close to 2.8M$ in cap space as well. The fact that Kasperi Kapanen was doing a fantastic job on their top line before Nylander bumped him is another reason why I think Dubas should consider moving him for help on the blueline.

We would get a legit top #6 RW'er alongside Palmieri and at the same time, would entice someone like Duchene if ever we're looking to add a legit #2 center via free agency. Yes, our blueline would still look shaky but we can't cover all our weaknesses in a single offseason. If Ray decides to be aggressive, we're in a prime spot to land a top #10 pick and that might be a solid trading chip for an up and coming or proven blueliner on a team that is looking to shed some salary.

With that said, I think Shero will be very active this summer and possibly at the deadline as well. Going into next year with roughly the same roster isn't an option IMO if we're looking to resign our main asset.
What makes you think Nico does not want to remain a Devil long term?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Talbot blows.

I think he could revive his career somewhere else a backup, but he looks even worse than Kinkaid in Edmonton.

Keep him away from here, unless we claim him for free on waivers. He's been a relic this year.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
They’ll probably promote Wayne Gretzky as the GM replacement. Or Lowe or MacT again. Would it really be a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad