Around the League 18: Kovalchuk Employment Edition/Lavi, Gallant, & Ray Shero Unemployment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Sorry, didn't mean to pick on you. Sometimes, I just use a quote as an on-ramp for a comment. Didn't mean to target you.

Oh, I understood....my failed attempt at humor was mostly tongue in cheek....

Huh? We were a bottom dweller that picked in the top ten for a lot of those seasons. For a stretch from 2010 through 2015 we had the 7th, 12th, 5th, 7th and 5th selection in the draft. The Canes WERE the team that other teams were supposed to beat.

....however Bill Peters's teams in Year 2 and Year 3 of his tenure were notorious for losing to teams below us in the standings....or at least it felt that way.

Besides, I thought HFCanes identity was a lovable bunch of cynical, down-trodden, yet resilient fans....:D:naughty::help:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
He's back. Even though PIT/TOR is a blowout and CLB/PHI matters more to us, I'd rather watch PIT/TOR. Something about Columbus is just unfun to watch.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Caps tie to force OT.

Meanwhile, waiting for someone to break the Flyers-Jackets tie.

Montreal wins, maybe Ovechkin finally gets his 700th on Sunday in front of an NBC audience.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Three point games happen sometimes. Nothing to get too worked up about. At least we know someone we're battling with won't get two.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Oh, I understood....my failed attempt at humor was mostly tongue in cheek....

....however Bill Peters's teams in Year 2 and Year 3 of his tenure were notorious for losing to teams below us in the standings....or at least it felt that way.

Besides, I thought HFCanes identity was a lovable bunch of cynical, down-trodden, yet resilient fans....:D:naughty::help:
Years two and three we were still rebuilding with low expectations. Wasn’t until year four that people started really had hopes of threatening the post season.

As for the last part, we’ve sucked for so long I don’t think any of us know how to root for a team that’s supposed to be good.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yes! Hayes scores in OT, Flyers win 4-3! Good, the goal is for CBJ to keep falling off, and they did just that today.

I could just be talking out of my ass but wouldn't we prefer the Jackets? Seems to me the Flyers are more vulnerable of the two. I'm convinced the Jackets are a playoff team no matter what at this point, Flyers not so much.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Seth Jones is out. Still though, I think C-Bus pulls through and gets a spot somehow.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I could just be talking out of my ass but wouldn't we prefer the Jackets? Seems to me the Flyers are more vulnerable of the two. I'm convinced the Jackets are a playoff team no matter what at this point, Flyers not so much.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot Seth Jones is out. Still though, I think C-Bus pulls through and gets a spot somehow.

Despite the Lindblom and Patrick situations, the Flyers have had a much healthier roster, relatively speaking, and Hayes has been a very good addition, at least for this year. I therefore see them making the playoffs pretty easily, though my optimistic self thinks that the Canes will pass the Flyers in the end and secure that #3 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad